Published : 2014-12-22 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
16 Weird zoo facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random zoo facts.
1. “Zoodles” are noodles made out of zucchini.
2. Hugh Hefner has a zoo license. Among his many pets are peacocks and spider monkeys.
3. Zooey Deschanel has six years of tap dancing experience.
4. Nicolas Cage once bought a two headed snake for protection. Later, he donated it to a zoo.
5. iPhone pictures will be better quality if you take the picture and then zoom in instead of zooming in to take the picture.
6. Drug lord Pablo Escobar had his own personal zoo that consisted of giraffes, ostriches, antelopes, exotic birds, and four hippos.
7. Each year, zebras are responsible for more injuries to American zookeepers than any other animal.
8. In 2003, a pair of male penguins in the Central Park Zoo, who had been a ‘couple’ for years, raised a baby penguin together.
9. Elephants don’t like peanuts. They don’t eat them in the wild, and zoos don’t feed them to their captive elephants.
10. As late as the 1950s, human zoos — places where Asians, Africans, and Native Americans were displayed — were popular in the Western world.
11. i heard someone tell his friend "yo homie keep that shit locked like a zoo" and i jus broke out into tears man that shit aint right
12. Wild elephants live up to 39 years longer on average than elephants kept in zoos.
13. "Zoodles" are noodles made out of zucchini.
14. The first surviving, captive panda triplets were born on July 29th, 2014 in a Chinese zoo.
15. At the outbreak of the Second World War, zookeepers killed all the poisonous insects and snakes in London Zoo, in case it was bombed and they escaped.
16. The first bomb dropped by the Allies on berlin in WW2 killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.