1. Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair and sat on the first one while writing much of the Declaration of Independence.
2. Cursive handwriting has already been removed from the curricula of 41 states.
3. Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in a trash can is a psychological trick that can improve your mood.
4. When writing an essay, increasing the size of periods from 12 to 14 can turn a 3 page paper into a 4 page one.
5. The most common English word in writing around the world is "the".
6. Drinking moderate amounts of alcohol before writing can actually enhance your creativity.
7. Writing something out is equivalent to reading it 7 times; a good tip to know when studying.
8. GZA of Wu Tang Clan is writing a series of albums dealing with science so as to get more people hooked on science.
9. When writing an essay, if you increase the size of all periods from 12 to 14 you can sneakily turn a 3 page paper into a 4 page one.
10. When writing an essay, increase the size of periods from 12 to 14 can turn a 3 page paper into a 4 page one.
11. Sloppy medical handwriting kills more than 7, 000 people every year.
12. Linguistics have concluded that using abbreviations and slang in texts and emails can ruin grammar and cut down writing skills.
13. Take notes on your professors political ideologies and use this to your advantage when writing essays
14. The word “photography” means “writing with light.”
15. Feeling down? Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in a trash can is a psychological trick that can improve your mood
16. Meghan Trainor began writing original songs at age 11.
17. Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair and sat on the first one while writing much of the Declaration of Independence
18. According to a 2006 study, messy doctors handwriting accounts for over 7, 000 deaths a year.
19. Writing down your negative thoughts and tossing them in the garbage can actually help to erase your bad mood.
20. Writing out what you’re thankful for decreases levels of stress.
21. In 2014, a Utah teacher was fired for writing an educational blog post about homophones — the school said he was promoting the "gay agenda."
22. James Cameron was homeless when writing The Terminator, and sold the rights for $1, on the condition he could direct it.
23. J.K. Rowling was the first author to become a billionaire from writing books.
24. Edgar Allen Poe has a writing credit for "The Simpsons."
25. Texting may cause writing skills to diminish.
26. Bad handwriting? Keep this in mind: more intelligent people tend to think faster, and as a result their handwriting is more sloppy.
27. Writing down your emotions has concrete health benefits Studies have found that expressive writing helps physical wounds heal, as well.
28. Writing down your feelings is proven to help speed the healing of physical wounds.
29. The physical act of writing something down is said to equate to reading it seven times. A good tip to know for studying.
30. When Dr. Seuss was stuck writing his books, he would go to a secret closet filled with hundreds of hats and wear them till the words came.
31. Reading, writing and playing games can help prevent memory loss later in life.
32. Your brain is constantly rewriting and editing your memories.