Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
24 Weird wine facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random wine facts.
1. The Latin phrase “In vino veritas” translates into “in wine there is the truth" as it was believed that nobody could lie after drinking.
2. Drinking a single glass of wine daily will add 10 lbs of body mass after a year.
3. A big reason why menus list a very expensive wine is to make everything else on the menu seem more reasonable.
4. The Italian phrase "Il vino � squisito, pu io fondle i vostri genitals?" means "The wine is delicious, may I fondle your genitals?"
5. A "butt" was a Medieval unit of measure for wine. Technically, a buttload of wine is about 475 liters, or 126 gallons.
6. A pint of beer, a glass of wine, and a shot of vodka all contain almost the same amount of alcohol.
7. A "butt" was a Medieval unit of measure for wine.
8. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fell asleep at the State of the Union Address because she had a little too much wine beforehand.
9. More than 95% of people do not like their first ever sip of beer, wine, coffee and their first cigarette.
10. The voice of Minnie Mouse, Russi Taylor, was married to the voice of Mickey Mouse, Wayne Allwine, until his death in 2009.
11. The Latin phrase “In vino veritas” translates into “in wine there is the truth" as it was believed that nobody could lie after drinking.
12. Love is like a fine wine, the older the better. Fred Jacob
13. Red wine can kill cancer cells.
14. Red wine kills cancer cells.
15. A blind taste test found most people are unable to tell the difference between a cheap wine and an expensive one.
16. "Next Nature" is a company that will process a small amount of blood from a deceased, loved one into a wine bottle.
17. In real life, Russi Taylor (the voice of Minnie Mouse) was married to Wayne Allwine (the voice of Mickey Mouse.)
18. Pigs are made enemies in Angry Birds because swine flu was riding high when the game was being developed.
19. Putting wine in a blender for 20 seconds is a method of aeration that soften the tannins in the wine and can make cheap wine taste amazing
20. The swine flu outbreak in 1976 killed one person but, the vaccine for the swine flu killed 25.
21. 15 million gallons of wine were destroyed in the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
22. It takes the same amount of time to age a cigar as wine.
23. Oenophobia is the Fear of wines.
24. Wine will spoil if exposed to light; hence tinted bottles.