Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
17 Weird window facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random window facts.
1. Windows 95 was the second most installed piece of software on computers in 1995; videogame DOOM was first.
2. Employees who sit near a window show greater interest in their work, stay on task, and report more loyalty to their company.
3. Diners who sit next to a window are 40% more likely to order a salad, research shows.
4. Microsoft has a patent, for opening a new window when you click a hyperlink, that expires in 2021.
5. There is a hotel in Fiji where for $15, 000 a week you can sleep on the ocean floor and you can feed fish outside your window.
6. According to a 2012 study, 1 in 20 drivers blame "Baby on Board" window stickers for obscuring vision and causing accidents.
7. The electronic personal assistant that comes with Windows phones is named Cortana, after the AI character in Halo.
8. If you ever get trapped underwater in your car, use your carseat headrest to break the window.
9. "Defenestration" is the act of throwing someone out a window.
10. Windows 8 is consistently equal or negligibly faster than Windows 7 at benchmarks.
11. “Defenestration” is the act of throwing someone out a window.
12. If you search for "askew" in Google, the window and search results will tilt slightly to the right.
13. An estimated one BILLION birds die each year in the U.S. from smashing into windows. (There are 5 20 billion birds total.)
14. Old text messages, songs and photos provide a psychological window into the past. Revealing what you miss, how things used to be.
15. Birds will attempt to fly through any window larger than 4 inches wide by 2 inches high. Think about that.
16. Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is 'Crash Course'.
17. Over 10, 000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.