1. The leading cause of a death for a white capuchin monkey in the wild is being murdered by another white capuchin monkey.
2. In the movie Lion King, it took approximately three years to animate the two and a half minute wildebeest stampede scene.
3. There were over 10 million koalas before British settlers arrived in Australia; now, there are around 43, 000 in the wild.
4. Even wild chimpanzees know to look both ways before crossing the road.
5. Obama’s favorite children’s book is “Where the Wild Things Are.”
6. Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in "The Matrix." Instead, he took the lead role in "Wild Wild West."
7. Toothbrushes were made using neck hair of wild boars till 1930s.
8. There are about 3000 tigers living in the wild and about 3000 captive tigers in the state of Texas alone.
9. In the wild, lions rest for around 20 hours a day.
10. Coffee could be extinct by 2080 due to coffee growing regions becoming too warm to support the growth of wild Arabica beans.
11. In the wild, pandas can mate as many as 48 times in an hour.
12. About 50% of all giraffe calves do not survive their first year due to predation from hyenas, leopards and wild dogs.
13. It has been estimated that about 500, 000 people and over a million wild animals died in the Roman Colosseum.
14. Lions live on average 12 16 years in the wild and about 25 years in captivity.
15. There are very few actual “wild horses” anymore. You’re more likely to find a feral horse, one whose ancestors were domesticated.
16. France has a small population of wild Kangaroos.
17. Elephants don’t like peanuts. They don’t eat them in the wild, and zoos don’t feed them to their captive elephants.
18. A group of wild cats is called a "destruction."
19. The serval is a type of wildcat that can jump 10 feet up in the air to catch birds!
20. The red wolf was extinct in the wild in 1980. They’ve been reintroduced to North Carolina, and there are now about 100 of them.
21. Wild elephants live up to 39 years longer on average than elephants kept in zoos.
22. "Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future" Oscar Wilde
23. A Savannah cat is a cross between a domestic cat and the Serval, a medium sized, large eared wild African cat
24. African Wildcats were first domesticated 10, 000 years ago. They are the ancestors of modern housecats.
25. A grolar bear is a grizzly polar bear hybrid that can be found in the wild.
26. 75% of wild birds die before they are 6 months old.
27. The Wild Thornberries is playing on Nick right now. Excuse us...
28. The estimated 45 million turkeys that many Americans eat on Thanksgiving are genetically distinct from their wild turkey ancestors.
29. A 47 year old Indian man started planting trees when he was 16 and now lives in his own jungle with tigers, elephants and other wild animals
30. All the pet hamsters in the world are descended from a single wild golden Hamster found in Syria in 1930.
31. The Wild Turkey is the only bird with a beard.