1. Mount Olympus on Mars is the highest mountain in the solar system. It is 14 miles high and 388 miles wide
2. The pornography industry is a $97 billion business worldwide.
3. Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world, after water.
4. New Yorkers bite 10 times more people than sharks do worldwide.
5. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law that said you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
6. Worldwide, approximately 6% of divorced couples remarry the same person.
7. In 2012, the 100 richest people world wide earned enough money to end global poverty 4 times.
8. Subway has 10, 000 more locations than McDonald’s worldwide.
9. Male stegosauruses had wide, ornamental back plates to impress females, while females had spiny, tall back plates to deter predators.
10. There are roughly 10 million more baby boys than girls born worldwide each year.
11. Over 300 million children worldwide have no shoes, exposing them to soil transmitted parasites and diseases.
12. Apple has a "secret police" called the Worldwide Loyalty Team that makes sure no employees leak something.
13. Half of all food is wasted worldwide.
14. The widest freeway in the world is the I 10 in Houston, Texas at 26 lanes across.
15. Cows kill approximately 22 people every single year in the US. Sharks are responsible for <1 death in the US, and fewer than six worldwide.
16. Dirty water kills more women worldwide than diabetes, AIDS, or breast cancer.
17. Worldwide, there are 107 boy babies born for every 100 girl babies.
18. According to the Economist, the top 2012 Google searches worldwide were Whitney Houston and Gangnam Style.
19. It is estimated that 35 million people worldwide are direct descendants of the Mayflower Pilgrims.
20. Nation wide internet speed is slowing down due to the increasing traffic and old infrastructure.
21. If Superman punched you, he would make a crater in the earth that was 1 kilometer (.6 miles) wide and 221 meters (725 feet) deep.
22. According to a study, humans worldwide use more happy words than sad words.
23. Grasshoppers cause billions of dollars in damage to food crops annually, worldwide.
24. German was once the second most widely spoken language in the U.S.
25. Despite the optical illusion, the Gateway Arch in St. Louis is exactly as wide (630 feet) as it is tall.
26. 77 percent of Americans are unaware that "the Internet" and "the World Wide Web" are not the same thing.
27. Keith Moon blew up $500, 000 worth of toilets with cherry bombs and dynamite. He was banned from all Hiltons worldwide.
28. August 2014 was the warmest August worldwide since record keeping began in 1881.
29. Most people believe men with short, wide faces are more likely to be racist.
30. Worldwide, nine Viagra tablets are dispensed every second.
31. Hand washing could save more lives worldwide than any vaccine, according to a study by the World Health Organization.
32. The lips of a hippopotamus are nearly two feet wide.
33. Worldwide, women live an average four years longer than men.
34. Worldwide social media revenue will reach $29B by 2015
35. Five babies are born every second worldwide.
36. Widening and building roads actually adds traffic — an increase in roads leads to an increase of cars on those roads.
37. 15 billion cigarettes are smoked worldwide every day.
38. Worldwide, 25, 000 people die from hunger a day more than tuberculosis, malaria and AIDS combined.
39. The blue whale has a heart the size of a small car and its blood vessal is so wide, that a person could swim through it.
40. Prehistoric dragonflies had 28 inches wide wingspans!
41. 82% of people worldwide believe there should be strong laws banning torture.
42. Men with wider faces are more aggressive, less trustworthy and more prone to engaging in deception.
43. There are 40 to 42 million prostitutes at work worldwide.
44. More than 200 million people were unemployed worldwide in 2013.
45. Although elephants can make a very wide range of sounds (10 octaves), they mostly communicate through low frequency sounds called “rumbling”
46. One bald eagle nest in Florida was 9.5 feet wide and 20 feet deep.
47. There are an estimated 3 million first dates every day worldwide.
48. 3 billion cups of tea are consumed each day worldwide.
49. The lips of a hippopotamus are 24 inches wide.
50. Birds will attempt to fly through any window larger than 4 inches wide by 2 inches high. Think about that.
51. Elephants are some of the most emotional creatures worldwide They have been known to rescue other animals, such as trapped dogs.
52. The Human whipworm can be found in the intestines of about 400 million people worldwide.
53. In 2003, the Polynesian island of Niue created an all island WiFi network, creating the first nationwide, free WiFi network in the world.
54. 1 in 3 women worldwide have been abused by their panthers.
55. The Sydney Harbour Bridge is the widest long span bridge and tallest steel arch bridge in the world, and the 5th longest spanning arch bridge according to Guinness World Records.
56. 160 cars can drive side by side on the Monumental Axis in Brazil, the world's widest road.
57. 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
58. A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
59. All of the Earth's continents are wider at the north than in the south and nobody knows why.
60. Each day, more than $40 Trillion Dollars changes hands worldwide.
61. Goat's milk is used more widely throughout the world than cow's milk.
62. Yahoo! was originally called 'Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web'.