1. A study found that fast food burgers were made up of only 12% meat. The rest was water weight, bone, cartilage, plant matter, and parasites.
2. Women gain weight after marriage, Men gain weight after divorce.
3. Skipping breakfast can cause you to gain weight because it tricks your brain into thinking you want higher calorie foods later in the day.
4. The total weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the weight of all the humans on Earth.
5. i wish i could lose weight like i lose bobby pins.
6. Astronauts cant cry in space because of the weightless environment. The tears just collect in little balls and sting your eyes.
7. Drinking cold water will help you lose weight naturally and speeds up your metabolism.
8. Lack of sleep can cause you to gain weight by making you crave sweet things.
9. Liposuction can only remove 10 to 12 pounds of fat, and is not effective for more extreme weight loss.
10. Studies show that body weight is about 80 percent attributable to the genes one inherits.
11. Teens who misperceive their weight as overweight are actually more likely to overeat compared to teens who accurately perceive their weight.
12. Since weightlessness causes the spine to expand and straighten, astronauts may measure up to two inches taller in space.
13. Eating only a few carrots can vastly improve the health of overweight children.
14. Nikola Tesla openly expressed disgust for overweight people and once fired his secretary solely because of her weight.
15. Nearly two thirds of your weight comes from water.
16. Chewing gum can help speed up your metabolism, making it easier to burn calories and lose weight.
17. Weight equals money for airlines, so some pilots claim they feel pressured to fly with less fuel than they’d like in order to cut costs.
18. 97 percent of dieters regain the weight they lost and then some within three years.
19. When threatened, vultures vomit to lighten their body weight so they can escape more easily into flight.
20. Researchers report that women’s magazines have 10.5 times more ads and articles promoting weight loss than men’s magazines do.
21. Many ancient Egyptian pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, likely due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
22. Black Swallower fish are capable of swallowing prey up to 10 times their weight.
23. Calling obesity a disease causes obese people to be less motivated to lose weight and make healthy choices, according to a study.
24. According to a study, sports drinks have an even stronger relationship than sugared sodas with weight gain.
25. A full head of human hair (about 150, 000 strands) is strong enough to support the weight of 2 full grown elephants.
26. 50 to 60% of American teenage girls believe they are overweight, yet only 15 to 20% of them are actually overweight.
27. New research has added weight to existing evidence that smoking is harmful to fetuses as they develop in the womb.
28. Weight gain causes a person’s brain to lose control of behavioral inhibition, which causes them to eat more.
29. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because engineers failed to account for the weight of all the books.
30. Women who have a bigger butt with an arched back are able to carry the weight of pregnancy better, which is why men notice these traits.
31. 4 out of 5 firefighters in the U.S. are overweight or obese, and about half of firefighters killed in the line of duty suffer heart attacks.
32. Total weight of bacteria living in the human body is 4.4lbs.
33. Bedbugs can ingest 7 times their own weight in blood — the equivalent of an average size human drinking 120 gallons of liquid.
34. It is illegal to be overweight in Japan.
35. On average, overweight and obese women are the targets of three fat shaming comments per day.
36. The Oscar statuette is heavy: It stands at 13.5 inches and weighs 8.5 pounds, about the weight of a gallon of milk.
37. An iPhone app (BAC Alcohol Calculator) can tell you exactly how drunk you are after entering your weight and type of beverage.
38. A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
39. 30% of women would give up at least a year of their life in order to achieve their perfect body weight and shape.
40. The mouth of a blue whale is so massive, it can hold its own body weight in water.
41. If you want to see how many calories it takes per day for you to exist, take your weight in pounds and multiply it by 11.
42. It was calculated that the total weight of all the ants on Earth is almost equivalent to the total weight of humans.
43. The total weight of all of the termites in the world is more than the weight of all the humans in the world.
44. How to lose weight: Turn your head to the left, and then turn it to the right. Repeat this exercise whenever offered food.
45. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weight .
46. Dining with an overweight person causes you to eat more.
47. Diets have a 98% failure rate because they are designed to make more money for the diet industry, not to help you lose weight.
48. People at a normal weight who believe they are fat have a much greater risk of becoming obese later in life.
49. Hummingbirds consume half of their weight in food daily.
50. An average dairy cow produces four times its body weight in manure each year.
51. Smelling, not eating, green apples can help you lose weight.
52. A person of average size and weight burns about 60 to 70 calories each hour just by sitting and watching television.
53. Ants can lift 50 times their own weight
54. Skipping breakfast can cause you to gain weight because it tricks your brain into thinking you want higher calorie foods later in the day.
55. We lose on average 2 pounds of weight during sleep by exhaling.
56. U.S. homicides briefly, but sharply increase following heavyweight championship prize fights on television.
57. When depressed, women are more likely to feel guilty, sleep too much, overeat, gain weight and neglect their appearance.
58. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weight.
59. In weight loss commercials they typically have a skinny person gain and then lose weight for the before/after pictures
60. A sympathetic pregnancy is when an expecting father starts gaining weight, getting morning sickness and feels cramps in his lower abdomen.
61. Israel passed a law that bans the use of underweight models.
62. A study found that fast food burgers were made up of only 12% meat. The rest was water weight, bone, cartilage, plant matter, and parasites.
63. The quality of workout, not the duration determines how much weight you lose/sustain.
64. When you really love someone, age, distance, height and weight are just numbers
65. The strongest animal in the world is the rhinoceros beetle. It can lift 850 times its own weight.
66. The Dalmatian pelican is the largest of its kind, with a wingspan of up to 11.5 feet and a weight of up to 33 pounds
67. Dreams carry more weight and meaning than our conscious thoughts while awake. 70% of your dreams contain secret messages.
68. If proportional weight is taken into account, a horse is weaker than a man.
69. Platypuses can consume their own body weight in food in a 24 hour period!
70. Eating your food slowly will help you lose weight, enjoy your food, reduce stress, and lead to better digestion.
71. The total combined weight of the worlds ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population.
72. A male rhinoceros beetle can lift 850 times its own body weight.
73. The strongest creatures on Earth are gonorrhoea bacteria. They can pull 100, 000 times their own body weight.
74. The household wrench was invented by boxing heavyweight champion Jack Johnson in 1922.
75. Annually, the amount of garbage that is dumped in the world's oceans is three times the weight of fish that is caught from the oceans.
76. At one 'feeding', a mosquito can absorb one and a half times its own weight in blood.
77. During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60, 000 pounds of food, that's the weight of about 6 elephants.
78. Linen can absorb up to 20 times its weight in moisture before it feels damp.
79. Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight.
80. The ant can lift things 10 times its own weight.
81. The weight of a carat (200 milligrams); standard unit of measurement for gemstones, is based on the weight of the carob seed.
82. The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the weight of one aspirin tablet.
83. When you walk down a steep hill, the pressure on your knees is equal to three times your body weight.