1. Less than 1% of books published sell more than 50 thousand copies.
2. Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world— it has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, and attacked 52 times.
3. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was the first—and maybe the last—movie production to have an insurance policy taken out on 1, 000 rats.
4. Animal Planet aired a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids that convinced thousand of viewers. Twice.
5. None of the words from one to nine hundred ninety nine have an A except for the word One Thousand.
6. WWI allied soldiers would fire thousands of rounds at random over the German trenches to boil the water in their machine guns to make tea.
7. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
8. A professor was once suspended from a top university following accusations that he “sighed” and was giving off "negative vibes."
9. The construction of the Great Wall of China took over 2 thousands years.
10. Usain Bolt broke the world record in the 100 meter race with his shoelace undone.
11. Humans have been eating blood for centuries, some current recipes are: blood pancakes, blood sausage, blood soup, and blood pudding.
12. The term “Hoosier, ” typically used to refer to a native of the state of Indiana, is considered an insult in some regions of the USA.
13. The richest man ever lived Mansa Musa had a fortune of $400, 000, 000, 000 at the time of his death in 1331.
14. Only 3 members of the United Nations have failed to ratify the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child: South Sudan, Somalia, and the USA.
15. "Had a dream it was 3.45 that something was in my room. Woke up at 3.44 and heard the cupboard door creak." USA
16. Teenage activist, Malala Yousafzai, was named the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner ever at 17 years old.
17. Susan Sarandon wanted the role of Adrian Balboa in "Rocky" but was deemed "too attractive."
18. Inside you belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem the size of a rainforest.
19. People who use reusable bags at the grocery store tend to buy more junk food as a reward for their good behavior, according to a study.
20. The light hitting the earth right now is thousand of years old.
21. The cost of the International Space Station is funded by the USA 81%, Russia 8%, Europe 3%, Japan 3%, and Canada 1%.
22. Coughing can cause air to move through your windpipe faster than the speed of sound – over a thousand feet per second.
23. #Leo meet thousands of people and none of them really touch them. And then they meet one person, and their life is changed forever.
24. You meet thousands of people and none of them really mean anything to you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.
25. In 2006 a guy named Chris Putnam hacked into Facebook and made thousands of profiles look like MySpace profiles. Facebook hired him.
26. Documentary Heaven is a website that lets you watch thousands of documentaries for free.
27. The show Gullah Gullah Island was inspired by the Gullah people, whose language and culture originated and still thrives in the USA.
28. Being single will save you a thousand times more stress than being in the wrong relationship.
29. A “Pokerus” (Pokemon Virus) is a sickness that Pokemon can get in the games that raises their stats; it is extremely rare.
30. Every year, 1, 000 letters arrive in Jerusalem addressed to God.
31. "After my dad died one of our dogs would sometimes randomly bark at the couch where my dad used to lay." Michigan, USA
32. "My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help" USA
33. In Victorian times, sausages were called "bags of mystery."
34. The amount needed to feed every child for a year is less than 20% of the annual amount given to charity by the citizens of the USA.
35. In 2008, Usain Bolt set the world record for the 100 meter run with one shoelace untied.
36. Inside your belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem as complex as a rainforest.
37. Sometimes, people who are thousands of miles away can make you feel better than the ones right beside you.
38. You meet thousands of people, and none of them really mean anything to you. And then you meet one person, and your life is changed forever.
39. Thousands of marine creatures die every year from mistakenly swallowing plastic bags that resemble jellyfish.
40. Marijuana is illegal but has never caused any deaths from usage, Cigarettes kills millions and they are legal and can be purchased anywhere.
41. Light travels at 186 thousand miles per second.
42. In 2011 researchers let 100 paper planes go 23 miles above Germany. Some have since been found in Canada, USA, Australia and South Africa.
43. Over the last few thousand years our brains have been shrinking — fast.
44. In the 19th century, sausages were marketed as 'bags of mystery'.
45. The modern world's first international sporting fixture was a cricket match played in 1844 between Canada and the USA. Canada won by 23 runs.
46. Digestive biscuits have no particular digestive qualities. In the USA it is illegal to sell them under that name.
47. 8th January 1835 is the only day in history that the USA had no national debt.
48. It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.
49. Only two in one thousand diamonds are considered truly colorless.
50. The longest cave in the world is the 'Mammoth Cave System' in the USA at 560, 000 mtrs deep.
51. The Taj Mahal took 20 years and 20 thousand men to finish.