Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
20 Weird underwater facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random underwater facts.
1. If every ice sheet and glacier on Earth melted, global sea levels would rise by 260 feet—London and L.A. would be underwater.
2. Penguins’ eyes work better underwater than they do in the air, giving them superior eyesight to spot prey.
3. An "aquabob" is an underwater blowjob.
4. If you ever get trapped underwater in your car, use your carseat headrest to break the window.
5. The U.S. Navy has 75 trained dolphins to detect enemy swimmers and underwater mines.
6. Our fingers get wrinkly in water because wrinkled fingers can give us stronger grip on slippery objects underwater
7. An Egyptian city was discovered underwater in 2013 after being lost for 1, 200 years in the Mediterranean Sea.
8. Blood can turn green underwater.
9. Dolphins have been observed harassing animals, for example, by dragging birds underwater without showing any intent to eat them.
10. Iguanas fart underwater.
11. If you crack an egg underwater, it will retain its original shape.
12. The water spider lives underwater but breathes air by using its web to create an underwater sac that stores air bubbles.
13. You can see underwater sea life and coral reefs using Google Maps.
14. Although sea stars live underwater and are commonly called "starfish, " they are not fish.
15. Mudpuppies spend their entire lives underwater and are distinguished as the only salamanders that make sound a dog like barking.
16. The Pelagic Cormorant is a bird that dives as deep as 100 feet underwater to find food.
17. Sound travels nearly 5 times faster underwater than it does in the air.
18. Crocodiles have eyes and nostrils on top of their heads to see and breathe while underwater (like a snorkel and a periscope)
19. Sound waves travel through a hippos jaws, allowing it to hear underwater.
20. Beavers can swim half a mile underwater on one gulp of air.