1. With 150, 000 post offices, India has the largest postal network in the world. However, a letter can take two weeks to travel just 30 miles.
2. If you travel across Russia, you will cross seven time zones.
3. The average person walks 639 miles per year—to travel that in a car would cost about $308.49.
4. Pain travels at a speed of 3, 000 feet per second.
5. The fastest human made object is the Helios 2 space probe launched in 1976, and it is travelling at 43 miles a second.
6. People who tweet while traveling are more likely to use happy terms like “lol” and “haha” with more frequency than others, a study found.
7. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
8. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
9. Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane in case of a crash.
10. Sea horses mate for life, are completely faithful and travel together by holding on to each others tails.
11. Some stray Russian dogs have figured out how to use the subway system in order to travel to more populated areas in search of food.
12. The popped cork from a champagne bottle travels as fast as 60 miles per hour and can cause some serious damage.
13. On an average day, sloths will travel about 41 yards.
14. Netflix has over 76, 000 categories, including “Imaginative Time Travel Movies from the 1980s" and “Cool Moustaches."
15. Mackinac Island, MI has banned motorized vehicles for over a hundred years. Most travel by horse drawn carriages or bikes.
16. The international Space Station is as roomy as a five bedroom house and travels at 17, 500 mph.
17. Farts tend to travel at an average speed of 7 mph. #veryinterestingfact
18. Only two people at KFC know the secret recipe of 11 herbs & spices and they are not allowed to travel together for security reasons.
19. The most commonly forgotten item for travelers is their toothbrush.
20. There is a travel agency that takes your stuffed animals on vacations around the world.
21. Some shrews are small enough to travel through tunnels made by worms
22. Despite his wealth and extensive business travel Bill Gates usually flew coach until 1997, when he bought a private jet.
23. We now live in the same year that Marty and Doc Brown traveled to in "Back to the Future 2."
24. M 185 on Mackinaw Island in Michigan is the only highway in the US that prohibits cars. Users can travel on foot, bicycle, or horse.
25. In Finland, a "poronkusema" is a measurement of distance based on how far a reindeer can travel before needing to urinate.
26. Delete your browser cookies before you buy airline tickets. Ticket prices go up when you visit travel sites multiple times.
27. Some species of eels travel up to 4, 000 miles to breed, a journey which can take up to seven months.
28. A sneeze travels out of your mouth at more than 100 mph
29. Chameleons’ tongues can travel at speeds of 16 feet per second!
30. Sound travels nearly 5 times faster underwater than it does in the air.
31. Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
32. Light travels at 186 thousand miles per second.
33. 9/11 caused an extra 1600 people to die in automobile accidents, after they switched their travel plans from flying to driving.
34. Sound waves travel through a hippos jaws, allowing it to hear underwater.
35. Relative to our galaxy, the Earth is traveling through space at more than 500, 000 mph.
36. Light travels 18 million times faster than rain.
37. On a bicycle, you can travel three times faster than you can walk, for the same amount of energy.
38. A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.
39. A Citreon 2CV with an oil leak once travelled 500 miles through Italy after its gearbox was filled with bananas.
40. A fully loaded supertanker traveling at normal speed takes a least twenty minutes to stop.
41. A sneeze can travel as fast as 100 miles per hour.
42. At room temperature, the average air molecule travels at the speed of a rifle bullet.
43. Club Direct, a travel insurance company in Britain, provides insurance plans for protection from falling coconuts.
44. Contrary to popular belief, lightning travels from the ground upwards not from the sky downwards.
45. Dragonflies can travel up to 60 mph.
46. If a car is travelling at 55 miles per hour it will travel 56 feet before the driver can shift his foot from the accelerator to the brake.
47. It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.
48. Pain travels through the body at 350 feet per second.
49. Pollen can travel up to 500 miles in a day.
50. Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution.
51. The earth travels through space at 660, 000 miles per hour.
52. Tsunamis ( tidal waves ) travel as fast as jet planes.