Published : 2014-12-27 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 3 years Ago
24 Incredible town facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random town facts.
1. In 2008, two U.S. towns approved a nonbinding measure requiring local police officers to arrest President Bush and VP Dick Cheney on sight.
2. In a few American towns, Halloween was originally referred to as "Cabbage Night."
3. There are towns in five countries that have prohibited dying.
4. A 16 year old boy died after masturbating 42 times without stopping in Rubiato town, in Goiás region, Brazil.
5. It is illegal to lock your car doors in downtown Churchill, Manitoba in case someone needs to escape from a polar bear.
6. On his late night ride, Paul Revere stopped in a town and got very drunk, causing him to be detained by the British.
7. There are towns in France where it is illegal to die.
8. A cat has been the mayor of a town in Alaska for 15 years.
9. In Austria, there’s a town called Fucking.
10. In Australia, "Black Friday" refers to a series of bushfires that wiped out whole towns and killed 71 people.
11. Some prisons in Brazil allow its inmates to pedal exercise bikes to power lights in a nearby town in exchange for reduced sentences.
12. There is a town in the state of Washington called George. George, Washington.
13. There is a town in Albania called town.
14. The state of Texas has over 430 ghost towns.
15. Big cities are actually safer than rural small towns.
16. There is no Starbucks in the town of Starbuck, Washington.
17. The town of Manchester, South Dakota (est. 1881) was completely destroyed by a tornado in 2003 and never rebuilt.
18. Referees tend to be biased in favor of the home team, even if they are not from that town.
19. Michael Phelps has a street named after him in his hometown of Baltimore, Maryland.
20. One punishment for an adulterous wife in medieval France was to make her chase a chicken through town naked.
21. Budweiser beer is named after a town in Czechoslovakia.
22. The streets of Victor, Colorado, once a gold rush town, are paved with low grade gold.
23. There are 10 towns named Hollywood in the United States.
24. There is a town called Paradise and a town called Hell in Michigan.