Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
20 Incredible tiny facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random tiny facts.
1. The tiny white dots you can see when looking at a bright blue sky are actually white blood cells moving in front of the retina.
2. There are colonies of tiny mites living on your face, feasting on the oil that comes out of your pores.
3. Lunar dust is actually composed of tiny bits of glass that will kill a human if the are exposed for too long.
4. Chameleon skin is made up of tiny, mirror like crystals that reflect differing levels of light, allowing it to change color.
5. A 96 year old lady from Australia knitted over 1000 tiny sweaters for penguins to protect them from oil spills.
6. All Olympic curling stones are made of a rare type of granite that is only found on a tiny island in Scotland.
7. Tiny pseudoscorpions (about 4mm) live inside old books, effectively protecting them by eating booklice and dustmites
8. A burning candle creates 1, 5 million tiny diamonds per second.
9. The Pirate Bay attempted to buy Sealand, a tiny artificial island micronation off the coast of Britain.
10. Scientists have used stem cells to grow a tiny brain in a lab.
11. Ants can sense earthquakes a day in advanc either by picking up changing gas emissions or noting tiny changes in the Earth’s magnetic field
12. There is a tiny heart shaped island in Fiji called Tavarua.
13. At the center of almost every snow crystal is a tiny mote of dust, which can be anything from volcanic ash to a particle from outer space.
14. There are roughly 44 million tiny bubbles in a bottle of champagne.
15. Amazon uses tiny robots in their warehouses that search for items, collect them and bring them to the shipping station.
16. When you flush an open toilet, it can spray tiny particles up to 6 feet.
17. Tiny snails hide in the mud on the feet of birds to catch a free ride!
18. Many tiny animals live in sponges.
19. The “seven year itch” aka scabies isn’t a disease. It’s actually caused by a tiny parasitic arachnid!
20. Originally, Du Pont, Inc. was a tiny gun powder mill in New Jersey.