1. After checking your Facebook notifications, or Twitter timelines, it takes the brain 15 minutes to return to serious mental tasks
2. If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50, 000 pounds.
3. Children grow faster in the springtime.
4. You’re three times more likely to get a virus from a religious website than from a porn site.
5. Anytime you see an ingredient list that includes carmine, cochineal extract or natural red 4, the product contains crushed up bugs.
6. Kryptonite was invented because Supermans original voice actor wanted time off, and the only way to do this was to make ...
7. Intelligent people are more likely to have a harder time falling asleep due to increased brain stimulation.
8. Studying for 30 to 50 minutes at a time (with 10 minute breaks in between) is the most effective way to retain information.
9. Women apologize on average 5.2 times a day. Men 3.6 times
10. There is more real lemon juice in Lemon Pledge furniture polish than in Country Time Lemonade.
11. After checking your email or Twitter timelines, it takes about 15 minutes for the brain to return to serious mental tasks.
12. In April 2010, Bill Gates had donated over $36, 854, 000, 000 in his lifetime, which is more than half of his current net worth of $61 billion.
13. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
14. A grown man once hunted down and attacked a child who killed him several times in Call of Duty.
15. A moment is a medieval unit of time equal to 90 seconds.
16. The 2 most effective treatments for battling depression are exercise and spending more time with pets.
17. Penguins only have one mate their entire life and sometimes they propose by giving their mate a pebble.
18. By the time you finish reading this tweet, three kids have already died of hunger somewhere in the world.
19. "Harry Potter" is mentioned 18, 956 times throughout all the Harry Potter books.
20. Music helps to reduce anxiety, and also helps the human mind and body get through stressful times.
21. The name of the TIME magazine actually stands for "The International Magazine of Events".
22. Price of 1 gb of storage over time: 1981 $300000 1987 $50000 1990 $10000 1994 $1000 1997 $100 2000 $10 2004 $1 2012 $0.10
23. The average person spends about 2 years on the phone in a lifetime.
24. Jerusalem is one of the oldest cities in the world— it has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, and attacked 52 times.
25. A study found that men who had working mothers spend significantly more time caring for their own children.
26. Cold weather kills 20 times as many people as hot weather, according to an international study.
27. Elvis Presley is regarded as the best selling individual artist of all time, with over 500 million records sold.
28. People who connect through their pets are more likely to look out for each other in times of adversity, according to research.
29. "Sometimes, i pretend you love me."
30. “Take time to appreciate others fully.”
31. “Maybe next time I won’t die.”
32. "Worrying is a waste of time."
33. “Sometimes ordinary can be absolutely beautiful.”
34. You must be a magician, because every time I look at you, everyone else disappears.
35. When doing long assignments, set a 30 minute timer, and race it. This will prevent you from procrastination
36. You can get a rough estimate of the temperature by counting the number of times a cricket chirps in 15 seconds, then adding 37.
37. When you drink a glass of water, it has already been drunk by other people and animals, possibly several times over.
38. Little shit Someone who however many times you tell them to shut up or leave you alone, never does!
39. The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
40. Eminem repeated the 9th grade 3 times before dropping out of school
41. New Yorkers bite 10 times more people than sharks do worldwide.
42. In the US, black teenage boys are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than their white peers, according to a study.
43. If you travel across Russia, you will cross seven time zones.
44. Sometimes, sloths will remain hanging from branches after death, held in place by their claws.
45. Sometimes people who don’t socialize much aren’t actually antisocial. They just have no tolerance for drama and fake people.
46. Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them.
47. Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson in 2002 was the other time
48. On August 16th 2013, Google went down for a total of 4 minutes “ In that time global web traffic dropped by 40%.
49. In 2012, the 100 richest people world wide earned enough money to end global poverty 4 times.
50. Research shows, that the exact time our brain takes when retrieving a memory is 0.0004 seconds.
51. A 2012 study revealed that, across time, societies that permit polygamy have higher rates of violence, poverty and gender inequality.
52. In Ancient Egypt, men could take time off of work to care for menstruating daughters and wives.
53. 5 10% of internet users are actually unable to control how much time they spend online because of psychological addiction.
54. People become more anxious about their looks after staring in a mirror for a long period of time.
55. Powerful people spend less time deliberating over what to put in an email.
56. Moms are 10 times more likely than dads to skip work to care for an ill child.
57. Almost 50% of all Americans live in the Eastern Time Zone.
58. Sleeping Beauty Syndrome is a rare sickness that causes people to sleep for up to 10 days at a time.
59. Nightclubs sometimes give away lollipops to people leaving so they will not be able to shout or cause a disturbance while sucking on them.
60. Psychology states that the time we spend dreaming helps us overcome painful experiences.
61. Explosive anger is two times more likely to occur in male teens, and twice as likely in adult men, than in females.
62. Women who are not active at their work or in their leisure time are 2.4 times more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
63. The Incas measured their units of time by how long it took to cook a potato.
64. By practicing a lot, you can train your brain to read and write at the same time.
65. The Malaysian phrase for the time it takes to eat a banana is "pisan zapra" and it was a measure of time used before clocks were invented.
66. People fall in love on average 7 times before marriage.
67. Teenagers who spend most of their time listening to music are more likely to get depressed.
68. A man with a mustache typically touches it 760 times a day.
69. According to a study, liberals favor CNN, MSNBC, National Public Radio and The New York Times as news sources.
70. A hummingbird nest is generally only a couple of centimeters in diameter – about the size of a half walnut shell.
71. The average Canadian is now richer (for the first time in history) than the average American.
72. The average man will produce 14 gallons of ejaculate in his lifetime.
73. Pinball Machines were illegal in New York City during 35 years around the same time as prohibition which led to "Pinball Speakeasies."
74. Students today spend more time on homework than ever in recorded history.
75. People who do yoga have better reaction times and are better able to recall information that those who do aerobic exercise or no exercise.
76. Revenue from digital music downloads and subscriptions outpaced CD sales for the first time in 2014.
77. The time difference between when Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus lived is greater than the time difference between Tyrannosaurus and now.
78. Avoiding something doesn’t mean you don’t want it. Sometimes, it means that you do want it, but you know it isn’t right for you.
79. Most people blink about 17, 000 times a day.
80. Sometimes, change is what we need.
81. If all the time our eyes are shut when blinking is added together, we would spend 1.2 years of our walking lives in pitch darkness.
82. According to the CDC, as many as 110 million Americans have STDs at any given time.
83. Whenever you move your eyes quickly from one point to another, your perception of time stretches slightly backwards.
84. Daylight Saving Time costs the U.S. an estimated $434 million in lost productivity and decreased health.
85. Yusic is the I use it all the time now
86. The people you spend time with influence your attitude, thoughts, and success more than you think!
87. Having Daylight Saving Time all year round could decrease deaths from traffic accidents, saving up to 366 lives.
88. Due to their time zones, Kiribati is the first country to ring in the New Year, while Honolulu, Hawaii in the U.S. is among the last.
89. According to a survey, 57% of married women sometimes regret marrying their husbands.
90. Babies have three times as many taste buds as adults.
91. Kids with high self control are much more likely to find employment as adults, spending 40% less time unemployed than undisciplined peers.
92. Those who spend more time in the sun are happier, more optimistic and less likely to suffer from depression.
93. If we could capture just 0.1% of the total of the ocean’s kinetic energy, we could satisfy the current global energy demand 5 times over.
94. The average tree is made up of about 99% dead cells, with only about 1% actually being alive at any given time.
95. Watching the sunset and or rise at least 2 3 times per week can fight off depression and help you live longer.
96. People generally compare their lives to others via Facebook which is why spending less time on Facebook can improve happiness.
97. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
98. Polar bears sometimes inter breed with grizzly bears creating a hybrid bear known as a prizzly bear, or a grolar bear.
99. The city of Colma, CA has 1, 000 times more dead residents than living: 1, 400 living and 1.5 million dead.
100. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.