1. Swimming immediately after eating is safe, despite what you may have heard.
2. When the bikini was introduced, no models were willing to wear such revealing swimwear, so the designer had to hire a stripper to model it.
3. There is an Island in the Bahamas Inhabited Only by Swimming Pigs.
4. Koalas are excellent swimmers.
5. Dolphins that are tagged by scientists swim 11 percent slower because of the drag from the object on their bodies.
6. When eagles swim, they do the breaststroke.
7. Your body produces enough saliva during your lifetime to fill two swimming pools.
8. If you get stuck in riptide, remain calm and swim parallel to shore. Swimming to the shore will just tire you out faster.
9. If every star in the Milky Way was a grain of salt, they would fill an Olympic sized swimming pool
10. Seahorses are the only fish that swim upright.
11. Kate Upton almost died from hypothermia while posing semi nude in Antarctica for the 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.
12. Children are 5 times more likely to drown in a swimming pool than to be killed by a gun.
13. Sharks swim toward storms, instead of running away from them like most animals.
14. The U.S. Navy has 75 trained dolphins to detect enemy swimmers and underwater mines.
15. No one has ever seen a giraffe swim, but it is mathematically possible.
16. A study showed that swimming when compared to running, walking or being sedentary, cut death risk for men by 50 percent.
17. Flappy Bird is actually the swimming level on Super Mario.
18. Bull sharks can swim in freshwater; they’ve been found as far as 2600 miles up the Amazon River.
19. A small child could swim through the veins of a blue whale.
20. A study of 14, 000 people around the world revealed that over half could not swim.
21. When baby sharks are born, they swim away from their mothers right away and are on their own. In fact, their mothers might see them as prey.
22. Pufferfish are poor swimmers but can quickly ingest tons of water to turn themselves into an inedible ball several times their normal size
23. The blue whale has a heart the size of a small car and its blood vessal is so wide, that a person could swim through it.
24. Sloths can swim 3 times faster than they can move on land — They can also hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
25. The marsh rabbit can swim and dive
26. Gators weed their waterholes all the time, so that turtles (which they eat) have a clear place to swim.
27. 1 out of 5 adults urinate in public swimming pools, this is what causes the redness of the eyes, not chlorine
28. Though they can’t fly, penguins swim as if they are in flight
29. Swimming immediately after eating is safe, despite what you may have heard to the contrary.
30. Playing in swimming pools on a hot day can cause asthma and bladder cancer.
31. A gas filled sac called a swim bladder allows bony fish to ascend or descend without wasting energy
32. Coyotes in LA drink from swimming pools.
33. Swimming pools are 91x more dangerous than guns.
34. Squid can swim at a rate of up to 35 mph
35. The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but not fly.
36. Fish communicate with each other by rasping their teeth to make sounds in their throat, or by using their swim bladder to create sounds
37. Humpback whales swim in circles around schools of fish, trapping them in the bubbles they create so they can eat them
38. In the Bahamas, pigs swim: they doggy paddle up to boats in hope of getting tasty snacks
39. Attempting to swim the Channel from France has been illegal for 19 years.
40. Three and a half Olympic swimming pools could hold all the gold ever mined in the world.
41. An hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories. It burns off more calories than walking or biking.
42. Beavers can swim half a mile underwater on one gulp of air.
43. The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but cannot fly.