Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
26 Funny sweat facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random sweat facts.
1. Applying male underarm sweat to a females lips helps relax women, boost their mood and help regulate their menstrual cycle.
2. Study shows that a sweaty handshake might be the start of a romantic partnership.
3. Studies show that to help quit smoking, going to a sauna a few days in a row helps sweat out the nicotine, easing the addiction.
4. During the first space walk in human history cosmonaut Alexei Leonov perspired so much that the sweat was sloshing around in his suit.
5. Sweat and urine are made up of the same chemicals, just in different proportions
6. A 96 year old lady from Australia knitted over 1000 tiny sweaters for penguins to protect them from oil spills.
7. Sweating detoxifies the body.
8. Socks absorb almost a half liter of sweat a day.
9. Dogs that are small, elderly or short haired actually need sweaters for cold weather.
10. If you want to quit smoking, go to a sauna for 3 days in a row and youll sweat out the nicotine which will make it easier to quit
11. A study revealed that people would rather wear a sweater with dog poop on it than a sweater that had been owned by a mass murderer.
12. Too much stress and high blood pressure can lead to a condition called "hematidrosis" in which a person sweats blood
13. If you want to quit smoking, go to a sauna for 3 days in a row and youll sweat out the nicotine which will make it easier to quit.
14. When you sweat, your brain shrinks. When you drink your brain grows.
15. Hippos don’t have sweat glands. They protect their skin with mucus, which stains their skin red.
16. Scientists have made tattoos that generate electricity from sweat.
17. The number of active sweat glands you have is directly related to the temperature you experienced as a baby.
18. Exercise! The more you circulate your blood through your body, the more vibrant you will look. Also, sweating helps detoxify your skin.
19. Dogs sweat through their footpads.
20. Cows sweat through their noses.
21. Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not only sweat by salivating. They also sweat through the pours on their feet.
22. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day.
23. Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not only sweat by salivating. They also sweat through the poors on their feet.
24. J. Edgar Hoover liked to fire FBI agents whose palms were sweaty when shaking hands.
25. Males sweat 40% more than females.
26. Most of a hog's sweat glands are in its snout.