1. Not a single engineer survived off the Titanic; they stayed on board to keep the power on so others could escape.
2. So far, man has survived on earth for 2 million years. The dinosaurs lasted 150 million years.
3. Vegetarian A bad hunter. Someone who survives by consuming not food, but the stuff that food eats.
4. Some people have been recorded and survived having a blood alcohol content over 1.00%.
5. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
6. According to Stephen Hawking, in a few hundred years, humanity must colonize space to survive.
7. Airplane crashes have a 96% survival rate! In the U.S, from 1983 to 2000, 51, 207 out of 53, 487 people survived airplane crashes.
8. A person can survive a fall of at least 20, 000 feet— falling just under 60, 000 feet is survivable, in theory.
9. If you fall from a great height, splay out in a "flying squirrel" position—the increased drag may slow you down enough to survive.
10. A rat can survive being flushed down the toilet.
11. Humans can theoretically survive on a diet entirely composed of nothing but potatoes and butter.
12. The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
13. About 50% of all Facebook relationships that have survived 3 months are likely to survive to four years or longer.
14. 2% of people who jump off the Golden Gate Bridge survive the fall. One man even jumped off for "fun". #strangehobby
15. The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having a brain, gives me hope for our next generation.
16. There are cats who have survived falls from over 32 stories.
17. Nintendo has banked so much money, that they could run a deficit of over $250 Million every year and still survive until 2052.
18. The watcher who first saw the iceberg, which Titanic collided with, survived but took his life 53 years later by suicide.
19. An ant can survive a fall from almost any height, because their terminal velocity would never be high enough to injure them.
20. About 50% of all giraffe calves do not survive their first year due to predation from hyenas, leopards and wild dogs.
21. An adult bedbug can survive up to one year without feeding.
22. Three dogs (from First Class cabins) survived the sinking of the Titanic – two Pomeranians and one Pekingese.
23. Ramon Artagaveytia survived the sinking of a ship in 1871 and 41 years later he boarded the Titanic and sank with the ship.
24. 75% of all suicide attempts are by self poisoning, and 97% of those cases survive.
25. Before he became a success, Walt Disney was so poor that he had to eat dog food to survive.
26. Frank Tower, an oiler on ships, survived 3 major shipwrecks: The Titanic in 1912, the Empress of Ireland in 1914 & the Lusitania in
27. The only cells that survive from the time you are born until death are in your eye
28. Ants can survive in a microwave: they are small enough to dodge the rays.
29. Humans could actually survive for about two minutes with no suit in space.
30. Kirtland’s warbler is a type of bird that relies on forest fires to survive.
31. An 80 year old Russian once fought a bear with a mix of punches, kicks, and headbutts before the bear threw him off of a cliff. He survived.
32. Ernest Hemingway survived two plane crashes on two consecutive days.
33. To survive a crocodile attack, poke it in the eyes. If you can’t reach, punch it in the nose
34. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive.
35. Female tarantulas can survive without food for 2 years.
36. The Chinese alligator can survive in freezing water.
37. my graduation speech: "i would like to thank all the singers, bands, tv shows, movies, books, and fanfics that helped me survive this hell"
38. The Japanese passenger who survived the titanic crash was marked as a coward by his country for not dying with the other passengers.
39. Mosquitoes survive collisions with rain drops by clinging to the droplet and riding it for a while.
40. The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
41. 9 out of 10 lightning strike victims survive.
42. A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
43. More than 90% of shark attack victims survive.