1. Samsung spends more on marketing its mobile products than Apple, HP, Dell, Microsoft and Coca Cola combined spend on ALL their products.
2. A few of the major battle scenes in Braveheart had to be re filmed because several of the extras had on sunglasses and w...
3. Panama is the only place in the world where one can see the sun rise on the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic without moving.
4. “Nothing is promised but the sunrise”
5. You are so beautiful that you give the sun a reason to shine.
6. Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise over the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic.
7. In the very early days of its origination, Samsung used to sell dried fish and vegetables.
8. If the supervolcano under Yellowstone Park erupted, Earth would face years of volcanic winter (ash blocking the sun)
9. Panama is the only place in the world where one can see the sun rise on the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic.
10. The sun is white, not yellow.
11. The planet Neptune emits more light than it receives from the Sun.
12. The sun is white and only appears yellow to us due to atmospheric scattering of blue light
13. Those who spend more time in the sun are happier, more optimistic and less likely to suffer from depression.
14. Watching the sunset and or rise at least 2 3 times per week can fight off depression and help you live longer.
15. Photic Sneeze Reflex or "Sun Sneezing" is a condition affecting a quarter of the population and makes them sneeze after looking into light.
16. The sun’s core is so hot that a piece of it the size of a pinhead would give off enough heat to kill a person 160 kilometres away.
17. At one point, it was illegal to buy ice cream on Sundays in Ohio.
18. Stephen Colbert is a practicing Roman Catholic and teaches sunday school.
19. Bono wears sunglasses because he has glaucoma.
20. Eating tomatoes helps to prevent sunburn. Tomatoes provide the best defense against sun damage.
21. Venice, Italy sunk by 9 inches in the last 100 years, and is expected to be completely submerged in less than 70 years.
22. Every minute, enough sunlight hits the surface of the earth to power the world for an entire year.
23. Jellyfish are about 98 percent water, if you leave them in sun they will evaporate.
24. Everything in the universe moves relative to everything else. The sun is no more fixed in space than the earth is.
25. Pluto never made a full revolution around the sun while it was still considered a planet.
26. Each day, 4.5 pounds of sunlight strike the earth.
27. A day on the Moon is so slow that you could outrun the sun in a car and stay in perpetual sunlight.
28. No one in the world RISES suddenly not even the SUN.....
29. All of the American flags on the Moon are still standing, but they have turned white from exposure to the Sun.
30. The brightest things in the universe are quasars, which can be over 4, 000, 000, 000, 000 times brighter than our sun.
31. When a supernova unleashes a gamma ray burst, it releases as much energy in a few seconds as our sun will release in its entire lifetime.
32. It’s extremely hard to go blind from staring at the sun.
33. After the film "Top Gun" came out, sales of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses increased by 40%.
34. Pulling an all nighter? Your body will reset itself if you take a nap about 20 minutes before the sun comes up.
35. DAM ARE YOU THE SUN? B/C YOU NEED TO STAY ABOUT 92, 960, 000 MILES AWAY FROM ME
36. In 1992, the Vatican finally admitted Galileo was right about the Earth revolving around the Sun.
37. If you heated the head of a pin to the temperature of the center of the Sun, it will kill anyone within 1, 000 miles of it.
38. Since the beginning of its lifecycle, the Sun has burned 100 Earths worth of fuel.
39. Elephants can get sunburned.
40. Jay Z tries to take Beyoncé on a pizza date every Sunday in Brooklyn.
41. The largest known star is 4, 982, 686, 912 times bigger than the sun, and is only 9, 500 light years away.
42. Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
43. The humans on Earth are carried around the Sun at a mean velocity of 66, 600 mph.
44. According to the USDA, Super Bowl Sunday is the “second highest day of food consumption in the United States, after Thanksgiving.”
45. Heliophobia is the fear of the sun or sunlight.
46. On Super Bowl Sunday, Americans will eat enough chips to fill 39 Boeing 747 planes.
47. The earth would be seven football fields away from the sun if it was shrunk to the size of a tennis ball.
48. roses are red
violets are blue
sunflowers are yellow
i bet u were expecting something romantic but nah these some gardening facts
49. The Arctic tern experiences 4 months of constant sunlight in the Arctic & 4 months of constant sunlight in the Antarctic
50. The supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy has 4 million times the mass of the Sun.
51. When nails grow long, we cut the nails not fingers. Similarity when misunderstanding grow up, cut the ego, not your relationship.
52. Astronauts aboard the International Space Station can see about 16 sunrises and 16 sunsets a day.
53. Jellyfish evaporate in the sun.
54. If it had been sunny in Florida in 2000, Gore would have beaten Bush.
55. Samsung dumped a bucket of ice water over a waterproof Galaxy S5 to participate in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
56. If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28, 000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
57. In about 600 million years, the moon will appear too small to cover the sun, and there will be no more total solar eclipses.
58. The sun is 400 times larger than the moon but is also 400 times farther from Earth, making the two bodies appear the same size in the sky.
59. Hurricane Sandy sunk the ship used in “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
60. Space is black because the universe is constantly expanding — the only nearby source of light is the Sun.
61. 1 million earths could fit into the sun.
62. Sunflowers can be used to clean up radioactive waste.
63. Aardvarks have a special membrane that shades their eyes from the sun.
64. When nails grow long,
we cut the nails not fingers.
misunderstanding grow up,
cut the ego,
not your relationship.
65. The sun will expand into a red giant larger than Earth’s orbit in 7.6 billion years.
66. Sunglasses were first worn by Chinese judges in the 12th century to hide their faces while questioning witnesses in court.
67. One poll revealed that a third of all Russians believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
68. Testosterone increases by 200% when genital skin is exposed to the sun.
69. Today is the last Sunday of 2014.
70. Eating tomatoes helps to prevent sunburn. Tomatoes provide the best defense against sun damage
71. Goldfish lose their color if kept in dim light. Similar to humans, they need sunlight to keep their pigment
72. A new taxi service picks up hungover partiers for work and gives them breakfast, mints, sunglasses, and oj.
73. Melanin in dark skinned African Americans provides natural protection from the sun, equivalent to SPF 13.
74. If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and the Earth would be as small as a pea.
75. A ten year old girl saved 100 people from the 2004 tsunami when she recognized the warning signs from a geography class.
76. The Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004 killed over 216, 000 people in 14 countries.
77. Whales can suffer from sunburns.
78. Panama is the only place in the world where one can see the sun rise on the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic without moving.
79. Goldfish lose their color if kept in dim light. Similar to humans, they need sunlight to keep their pigment.
80. People tip more on sunny days than dreary days.
81. Hippos spend up to 16 hours a day in the water each day to avoid the glare of the sun
82. Americans have the most difficulty falling asleep on Sunday nights.
83. Due to its eccentric orbit, sometimes Pluto is actually closer to the sun than Neptune.
84. In North Korea it is the year 103, not 2014. This is because their calendar is based around the birth of Kim Il Sung.
85. Every three seconds, the Sun emits more neutrinos than the number of atoms in all the humans who have ever lived.
86. Per gram per second, more energy runs through a sunflower than through the Sun itself.
87. The Sun takes 220 million years to orbit the galaxy, a journey it has made 20 times so far.
88. It takes a photon 40, 000 years to get from the centre of the Sun to its surface, but only 8.3 minutes to get from there to the Earth.
89. The name "Impressionist" was originally used as a derivative term by art critics after Claude Monet's painting "Impression, Sunrise" was displayed in an 1874 exhibition.
90. The sun is 330, 330 times larger than the earth.
91. 4.5 pounds of sunlight strike the Earth each day.
92. It takes eight and a half minutes for light to get from the sun to earth.
93. Because heat expands the metal, the Eiffel Tower always leans away from the sun.
94. It takes about 63, 000 trees to make the newsprint for the average Sunday edition of The New York Times.
95. A comet's tail always points away from the sun.
96. A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface.
97. It takes 492 seconds for sunlight to reach the Earth.
98. It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.
99. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a 'Friday the 13th'.
100. Only 55% of Americans know that the sun is a star.