1. A 20 ounce bottle of Mountain Dew contains the equivalent of about 22 packets of sugar.
2. The 1st ingredient in Nutella is sugar, and is 50% sugar.
3. Lack of sleep leads to sugar cravings.
4. A #Leo can be all sugar and spice one moment, then walking thunderstorms the next.
5. A program was launched in Belgium in 2001 to replace sugary drinks and soda in school lunches with beer
6. A study has found that consuming sugar when faced with a stressful situation calms us down.
7. It would take about 732 quintillion packets of Kool Aid and 91.5 quadrillion metric tons of sugar to turn the ocean into cheery Kool Aid.
8. The gut bacteria that cause smelly farts enjoy munching on sugary foods the most.
9. Many ancient Egyptian pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, likely due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
10. Boxer Sugar Ray dreamt of killing his opponent and backed out, but a priest convinced him to fight, he ended up killing the opponent.
11. According to a study, sports drinks have an even stronger relationship than sugared sodas with weight gain.
12. Cranberry juice is not naturally sweet, so much sugar is added that in calorie content and sugar content, it is equal to sodas.
13. When heated, sugars in bacon react with amino acids. This, along with the thermal breakdown of fats, leads to the aroma of cooking bacon.
14. A dentist was the first person to add sugar to chewing gum in 1869
15. A lack of sleep leads to sugar cravings.
17. If you want to burn fat faster, a cup of coffee (with no milk or sugar) before a workout will speed up the process.
18. If you ate the sugar in a can of Coke (39 grams) alone, your body would vomit uncontrollably. Coke adds phosphoric acid which prevents this.
19. If a person were to eat the amount of sugar found in a can of Coke in normal sugar form at once, they would vomit repeatedly.
20. A teaspoon of sugar after eating something really spicy will completely neutralize the heat sensation.
21. If sugar is applied on a cut, it will help in the healing process and will also stop the blood flow.
22. Research funded by the sugar industry is 5 times less likely to find a connection between sugar and obesity.
23. Each can of Coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar. This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake.
24. The World Health Organization says a healthy amount of sugar a day should be 25 grams, or one Snickers bar.
25. Humans are born craving sugar.
26. Sugar does not cause hyperactivity in children.
27. Over 4 million cars in Brazil are now running on gasohol instead of petrol. Gasohol is a fuel made from sugar cane.
28. Sugar is the only taste that humans are born craving.
29. Consuming large amounts of sugar, overeating, not sleeping enough and smoking are all brain damaging habits.
30. Your brain needs the daily equivalent of the sugar found in three cans of soda to function.
31. If the amount of sugar present in a can of coke is taken directly, you will vomit uncontrollably.
32. Coca Cola makes a cane sugar version of its soda during Passover in the US. Look for the yellow cap.
33. The HIV virus is coated in sugar to trick the body into not recognizing it as a foreign entity.
34. Your body gets a "high" when eating foods with a lot of salt, sugar, and additives.
35. Sugar is the only taste humans are born craving.
36. Americans ingest 1.7 million tons or 10.8 pounds per person of sugar each year from Coca Cola alone.
37. Sugar has been shown to be just as addictive as cocaine – You can experience withdrawal.
38. In the 17th century, the salary of the Governor of Barbados was paid in sugar.
39. Smokers eat more sugar than non smokers do.
40. An egg will float if placed in water in which sugar has been added.
41. Contrary to popular belief, putting sugar in a car's gas tank will NOT ruin its engine.
42. People in parts of Western China put salt in their tea instead of sugar.