1. A study found that fast food burgers were made up of only 12% meat. The rest was water weight, bone, cartilage, plant matter, and parasites.
2. A study suggests that keeping cats can increase chances of developing mental illnesses, and cause suicidal behavior in females.
3. Studying for 30 to 50 minutes at a time (with 10 minute breaks in between) is the most effective way to retain information.
4. A 1992 study of 100 different sites in 22 states showed that when the speed limit was raised the number of accidents dec...
5. A psychological study suggests, people who are generally ''too nice" are also the ones to get hurt the most.
6. A Study found that Chocolate Milk performs better than Energy Drinks.
7. The most effective way to study is 30 50 minutes with a 10 minute break.
8. According to an Oxford study, falling in love costs you 2 friends.
9. A study found that men who had working mothers spend significantly more time caring for their own children.
10. Cold weather kills 20 times as many people as hot weather, according to an international study.
11. Study your notes within one day of taking them. Retention rates are 60% higher then!
12. The more common bearded men are, the less attractive beards become to women, according to a study.
13. 90% of college students in a study reported that they had drunk dialed or texted in the past, and 40% said they regretted it.
14. In the US, black teenage boys are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than their white peers, according to a study.
15. 86% of graffiti in men’s bathrooms is erotic in nature, compared to just 25% in women’s bathrooms, according to a study.
16. Studies suggest chewing the same flavor of gum while studying and taking a test can help improve your score
17. A study found that wearing clothing that’s more formal than usual causes people to use abstract processing rather than concrete processing.
18. A study found that people who simply thought about watching their favorite movie raised their endorphin levels by 27%.
19. According to a new study, text messaging a stranger or a friend during surgery can reduce a patient’s need for narcotics.
20. A Craigslist study found that 15 U.S. states have the most "Missed Connections" at WalMart.
21. A study found that basketball players shooting free throws are unaffected by the crowd, while baseball pitchers perform worse when booed.
22. A 2012 study revealed that, across time, societies that permit polygamy have higher rates of violence, poverty and gender inequality.
23. A study demonstrated that shoppers are willing to spend 30% more for an item if they first watch a sad movie clip.
24. Individuals who eat an apple before grocery shopping buy 25% more fruits and vegetables than those who do not, according to a study.
25. Chocolate may be a more effective cough remedy than cough medicine, according to a study at Imperial College London.
26. According to a Craigslist study, people in California have the most "Missed Connections" in 24 Hour Fitness.
27. Humans can run multiple marathons because runners forget the intense pain of the marathon 3 6 months after the event, a study found.
28. The more wives a man has, the greater his risk of heart disease, according to a new study.
29. Long term partners who live together are about three quarters as happy as those who are legally married, according to a study.
30. If you have a song stuck in your head, one of the best ways to get it out of your head is to chew gum, according to a study.
31. A study found that women feel more threatened than men when imagining another person complimenting their partner’s physical appearance.
32. People actually like braggers more than they like humblebraggers, according to a study.
33. A study found that those who go out alone and those who go out in a group have the same amount of fun.
34. A 2013 study found that people who believe they deserve more than others are more likely to be mad at God.
35. Someone becoming angry with you will motivate you to work harder and in more creative ways, a study shows.
36. More than one third of American babies are tapping on smartphones and tablets even before they learn to walk or talk, according to a study.
37. According to a recent study, men who have an older sister are less likely to be competitive.
38. Angry people are more likely to misidentify a neutral object as a gun, according to a 2010 study.
39. Students with standing desks are more attentive than their seated counterparts, according to a study.
40. Using background singers in a song increases its chances of reaching the top of the charts, according to a study.
41. People who tweet while traveling are more likely to use happy terms like “lol” and “haha” with more frequency than others, a study found.
42. A new study suggests that prolonged exposure to air pollution may shrink the human brain.
43. There was a study done that showed that mobile phone use before bed adversely affects your sleep.
44. Study shows that a sweaty handshake might be the start of a romantic partnership.
45. Study shows that richer people are more likely to lie, cheat and deceive.
46. Breastfeeding a baby may reduce a woman’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by 22%, a study says.
47. Playing pop music instead of elevator music may make callers on hold less angry when someone finally answers, according to a study.
48. A study found that children who were encouraged to gesture while learning, retained more of what they had learned.
49. 13.3% of males and 6.7% of females misrepresent their relationship status online, according to a study.
50. Men give more generously if the asker is an attractive woman and when they see other men giving big donations, a study finds.
51. A study has found that consuming sugar when faced with a stressful situation calms us down.
52. According to a study, liberals favor CNN, MSNBC, National Public Radio and The New York Times as news sources.
53. A recent study found that mindfulness based therapy (which includes meditation) can be just as effective as drugs when treating depression.
54. Angry people produce more unique ideas faster than people in any other type of emotional state, according to a study.
55. The British Medical Journal called the one study that found a link between vaccines and autism "an elaborate fraud, " and deliberately false.
56. A study found that the more agreeable a person is, the more likely that person will be tagged in Facebook photos posted by other people.
57. Artistic, imaginative, and creative people are most likely to complete the personal information sections on Facebook, according to a study.
58. Adolescent girls are more likely to remember their dreams than their male counterparts, according to a 2011 study.
59. In an ongoing study, the sound of someone vomiting was ranked the #1 most cringe worthy sound ever. Microphone feedback was ranked #2.
60. A study found that NBA players’ accuracy from unfairly awarded free throws is unusually low compared to free throws awarded for real fouls.
61. A man was so enraged by spam, that he quit his job to study law and now makes a living filing lawsuits against spammers.
62. Chewing gum while studying, then chewing the same flavor while taking a test can help you remember more.
63. A study found that people who drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day had a lower risk of developing Tinnitus – That ringing sound in your ear.
64. A new study found that babies learn more about an object or environment when they are surprised by it, rather than able to predict it.
65. A U.S. study finds that more than 50% of fast food workers depend on some form of government assistance.
66. Research has shown that studying in different places gives the brain a variety of visual cues that will help you recall what you learned.
67. The first thing we evaluate when we first meet someone is trustworthiness, according to a study.
68. According to a study, people learn better when they expect to teach the information to another person.
69. According to one study, being hungry also helps you make better decisions.
70. A study found that the more money you make, the more sleep you tend to get.
71. For people over 60, light or moderate alcohol intake is associated with better recall of past events, according to a study.
72. Women feel more pressure to smile at the happy news of others more than men, according to a study.
73. According to a recent study, the most popular place to go on a first date is Starbucks.
74. Students who study with text in difficult to read fonts like Comic Sans get better grades.
75. Taking a short walk during the workday can improve memory and attention by as much as 20%, according to a University of Michigan study.
76. Scientists have begun to study vultures’ unique senses and abilities and are considering using the birds to help find bodies from crimes.
77. Women judge their promiscuous friends harshly—even promiscuous women prefer less promiscuous women as friends, according to a study.
78. A study found that 70% of college undergrads would lose respect for someone who “hooks up with lots of people.”
79. According to a study, kids who play video games for more than three hours a day are more likely to get into fights and be hyperactive.
80. According to a study, most people are happiest at 7:26 PM on Saturday night.
81. According to an Oxford study, falling in love costs you two close friends.
82. 68% of people in one study experienced "phantom vibration syndrome"—a sensory hallucination where you mistakenly think your phone is buzzing
83. According to a UK study, 72% of women prefer a man with a little excess flab, as opposed to a man with a more chiseled, fit physique.
84. A 2004 study found that 70% of people would give away their computer passwords when bribed with chocolate.
85. Study suggests that whales were evolved from ancient species of wolves.
86. A study suggests that keeping cats can increase chances of developing mental illnesses and cause suicidal behavior in women.
87. Eating leafy greens slows cognitive decline, according to a study.
88. A recent study found that using Facebook for long periods of time can cause boredom, depression and fatigue.
89. A 2010 study found that women with big butts gave birth to smarter kids.
90. Calling obesity a disease causes obese people to be less motivated to lose weight and make healthy choices, according to a study.
91. A study found that female actors see their income rise until the age of 34, while male actors make more money every year until they turn 51.
92. According to a study, sports drinks have an even stronger relationship than sugared sodas with weight gain.
93. A study found that kids who try a sip of alcohol before 6th grade are more likely to start drinking by the time they enter high school.
94. A new study suggests that brown eyed men are more trustworthy than blue eyed dudes.
95. A psychological study confirms that the presence of beautiful women ignite stupid behavior in men.
96. A study found that 30% of people will meet up with their online friends in real life.
97. Spending money on others yields more happiness than spending it on yourself. A study concluded.
98. A study found that drivers under 25 years old are 4.12 times more likely to use a cell phone than older drivers.
99. According to a study, female drivers are 1.63 times more likely to use a cell phone while driving than male motorists.
100. People who use reusable bags at the grocery store tend to buy more junk food as a reward for their good behavior, according to a study.