1. When you see someone you�re interested in, what feels like butterflies in your stomach is actually a stress response caused by adrenaline.
2. Some researchers believe that snail slime can be used to treat stomach ulcers.
3. Giraffes have four stomachs.
4. Drinking 16 ounces of cold water on an empty stomach will increase your body fat by 30%.
5. Kurt Cobain suffered an unknown stomach problem that led to his heroin addiction, which was one of the sources that influenced his music.
6. Chimpanzees sometimes eat certain plants for their medicinal value, such as to soothe an upset stomach.
7. People fart more on planes because of the air pressure changes — the gases in the stomach expand when high in the air.
8. When you blush, the lining of your stomach turns red as well.
9. A “gut feeling” is a chemical signal that your stomach creates to warn the brain of danger.
10. There is a “second brain” in our stomachs that is neurologically active and responsible for feelings like “butterflies in the stomach.”
11. Those who kiss more frequently are less likely to suffer from stomach, bladder, and blood infections.
12. A bird "chews" with its stomach.
13. The 31 ounce "trenta" size cup at Starbucks is larger than the average capacity of a human stomach.
14. Captured tiger sharks have been found with snakes, birds and even tires, license plates, and tin cans in their stomachs.
15. The hydrochloric acid found in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve a nail.
16. A "gut feeling" is a chemical signal that your stomach creates to warn the brain of danger.
17. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it would digest itself.
18. Drinking 2 cups of cold water on a empty stomach can boost metabolism by 30%.
19. Armadillos have to store air in their stomachs and intestines in order to float
20. If the acid from your stomach were to make its way onto your body, it would burn a hole through your skin.
21. Sloths can starve to death with a full stomach.
22. A starfish can turn its stomach inside out and digest its prey outside its body
23. Drinking 2 cups of cold water on an empty stomach can boost metabolism by 30%.
24. Armadillos can inflate their stomachs and intestines with air and float across the water.
25. A bird 'chews' with its stomach.
26. A moth has no stomach.
27. If your stomach didn't produce a new layer of mucous every two weeks, it would digest itself.
28. The starfish is one of the few animals who can turn it's stomach inside out.
29. When your face blushes, the lining of your stomach turns red, too.