1. The revenue generated from gambling is more than the revenue from movies, cruise ships, recorded music, theme parks, & sports combined
2. Mobile Phone Throwing is an official sport in Finland.
3. Toe wrestling is a national sport in Britain.
4. Cheerleading accounts for more athletic injuries than any other sport Averaging a total of 20, 000 to 30, 000 a year.
5. Elmer Fudd, the hunter featured in many Bugs Bunny cartoons, is actually a vegetarian and only hunts for sport.
6. Chocolate Milk is more beneficial for sportsmen than any other sports drink
7. According to a study, sports drinks have an even stronger relationship than sugared sodas with weight gain.
8. Top athletes are often dogged by decaying teeth and gum disease from sports drinks and high carb diets.
9. In Kenya, there is a Camel Mobile Library—camels transport books from the capital to surrounding villages that are up to 248 miles away.
10. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. They paid the Russians $1 million to transport the Pizza.
11. Reducing the voting age to 18 and passports for pets were all policies initiated by the "Official Monster Raving Loony Party".
12. Left handed people process things faster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
13. Kate Upton almost died from hypothermia while posing semi nude in Antarctica for the 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.
14. There are more head and spinal injuries from cheerleading than all other high school and college sports combined.
15. Beer Pong Definition: A game that needs to be an olympic sport.
16. Americans on average spend 18% of his or her income on transportation. Only 13% is spent on food
17. Cheerleading accounts for 65% of all "sports injuries" among females. 30, 000 cheerleaders are sent to the emergency room every year.
18. The most popular sport in the world is football (soccer in the U.S.).
19. Broke my back in three places when I was 13 by playing the sport I love and 4 years later, I just committed to a Big 10 college. DGS
20. Toe wrestling is a sport in northern England.
21. People are in the best mood while they are bicycling compared to any other mode of transportation.
22. Participating in sports in high school and college increases self confidence, self respect, and leadership skills.
23. Research shows chocolate milk is just as effective as sports drinks or protein shakes for recovering after a workout.
24. Jousting is the official state sport of Maryland.
25. One high school coach can make you hate everything about the sport that you fell in love with as a kid and that is so depressing to me. RHS
26. Frequent small pleasures, like double lattes or pedicures, provides more happiness than infrequent large ones like sports cars or vacations.
27. Most sports drinks contain a chemical called bromine (or BVO) that is extremely toxic to your body.
28. The modern world's first international sporting fixture was a cricket match played in 1844 between Canada and the USA. Canada won by 23 runs.
29. Soccer developed in London's famed Newgate Prison in the early 1800s. Prisoners who had their hands cut off for crimes of theft came up with a sport that used only the feet. The game spread from there.
30. The Economist describes Rupert Murdoch as "inventing the modern tabloid", as he developed a pattern for his newspapers, increasing sports and scandal coverage and adopting eye catching headlines.
31. Left handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right handed individuals.
32. The revenue that is generated from gambling is more than the revenue that comes from movies, cruise ships, recorded music, theme parks, and spectator sports combined.
33. Kite flying is a professional sport in Thailand.
34. People in nudist colonies play volleyball more than any other sport.
35. Pittsburgh is the only city where all major sports teams have the same colors: Black and gold.
36. The most popular sport as a topic for a film is boxing.
37. The state sport of Maryland is Jousting.