1. A 1992 study of 100 different sites in 22 states showed that when the speed limit was raised the number of accidents dec...
2. Human saliva helps speed up wound healing.
3. Drinking cold water will help you lose weight naturally and speeds up your metabolism.
4. Pain travels at a speed of 3, 000 feet per second.
5. Chewing gum can help speed up your metabolism, making it easier to burn calories and lose weight.
6. One of the the bizarre effects of hypothermia is “Paradoxical Undressing” where the victim removes their clothes, speeding up heat loss.
7. The Cobra iPhone Radar Detector allows a driver to speed while looking at their iPhone, therefore breaking several laws at once.
8. In Stockholm, there is a speed camera lottery where good drivers can win money from the fines of speeding drivers
9. Cuddling with your partner can help speed up the healing process of wounds Both physical and emotional.
10. Farts tend to travel at an average speed of 7 mph. #veryinterestingfact
11. Japan has a network of roads that play music as you drive over them at the correct speed.
12. The faster your walking speed, the longer you are likely to live.
13. If you want to burn fat faster, a cup of coffee (with no milk or sugar) before a workout will speed up the process.
14. Kids who took music lessons have higher IQs, better Math ability and increased processing speed.
15. Coughing can cause air to move through your windpipe faster than the speed of sound – over a thousand feet per second.
16. In Return of the Jedi, the Ewoks spoke in high speed Tibetan.
17. In Stockholm, there is a speed camera lottery where good drivers can win money from the fines of speeding drivers.
18. Nation wide internet speed is slowing down due to the increasing traffic and old infrastructure.
19. Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse drawn carriages a century ago.
20. Studies show that a person moving faster or slower than normal walking speed is viewed as less intelligent by those around them.
21. Sonic the Hedgehog would have to consume 686 chili dogs to run through a full game stage at supersonic speed.
22. The greatest speed of ejaculation recorded was 42.7 miles per hour.
23. The TSA is offering a $15, 000 reward to anyone who suggests a new way to speed up airport wait times.
24. When glass breaks, the cracks move at speeds of up to 3, 000 miles per hour.
25. Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse drawn carriages did in the 1800s.
26. Scientists can predict your lifespan by observing your natural walking speed.
27. A Tyrannosaurus Rex would barely outrun a professional soccer player, reaching an all out speed of 18 mph.
28. Laughter causes the body to respond in a way similar to physical exercise, burns calories and speeds up metabolism.
29. Admitting you made a mistake will earn you respect and speed up the fixing process. Having an ego solves nothing.
30. In Finland, speeding fines are calculated as a percentage of the offender’s income.
31. Studies have shown that the ethnicity of a suspect can affect the speed with which a police officer decides to shoot.
32. The Dubai police fleet includes a Lamborghini, Ferrari and Bentley. This is to allow them to catch speeders who can outrun other cars.
33. You can find high speed Internet on Mount Everest.
34. Whips make a cracking sound when they are snapped because the tip moves faster than the speed of sound creating a small sonic boom.
35. The US is in 10th place when it comes to national average internet speed.
36. If you want to burn fat faster, a cup of coffee before a workout will speed up the process.
37. Polar bears walk at an average speed of 3.5mph.
38. A giant tortoise has a maximum speed of 5 yards per minute or 0.17 miles per hour
39. Writing down your feelings is proven to help speed the healing of physical wounds.
40. The Philippines has the slowest Internet speed in the entire Southeast Asian region with an average speed of 3.54 Mbps.
41. You can measure the speed of light with marshmallows and a microwave.
42. With the ability to sprint at speeds up to 40 mph even jackrabbits have a hard time staying ahead of a coyote.
43. Chameleons’ tongues can travel at speeds of 16 feet per second!
44. Finland was the first country in the world to make high speed Internet access a legal right.
45. The peregrine falcon is a powerful flier and attacks its prey in a steep dive, during which it may reach a speed of 145 mph.
46. A man walks about 7% slower when with wives or girlfriends, and speeds up when with other men.
47. There are spray on skin cells that adhere quickly to wounds and speed healing.
48. If you jumped off a ledge 5 feet from the surface of a neutron star, you would hit the ground at a speed of 4, 000, 000 miles per hour.
49. At top speed, the Bugatti Veyron will empty its 26 gallon tank in 12 minutes.
50. Prolonged daily use of marijuana may speed up the onset of psychosis in predisposed individuals.
51. In 2007, a group of college students drove the speed limit (55MPH) on I 285 and backed up traffic for miles.
52. A car operates at maximum economy, gas wise, at speeds between 25 and 35 miles per hour.
53. A fully loaded supertanker traveling at normal speed takes a least twenty minutes to stop.
54. At room temperature, the average air molecule travels at the speed of a rifle bullet.
55. In 1895 Hampshire police handed out the first ever speeding ticket, fining a man for doing 6mph.
56. The American Automobile Association was founded for the sole purpose of warning motorists of police speed traps.
57. The American Automobile Association was founded for the sole purpose of warning motorists of police speed traps.
58. The speed of a typical raindrop is 17 miles per hour.