1. 99% of people backspace their whole password when they mess up just one letter.
2. Apple has $178 billion in cash. It could buy:
and still have $20 billion left.
3. An astronaut threw a boomerang while visiting the International Space Station and it came back to him, even in the absence of gravity.
4. Astronauts cant cry in space because of the weightless environment. The tears just collect in little balls and sting your eyes.
5. According to Stephen Hawking, in a few hundred years, humanity must colonize space to survive.
6. Currently, it costs about $10, 000 for each pound of material a space agency sends to space.
7. The fastest human made object is the Helios 2 space probe launched in 1976, and it is travelling at 43 miles a second.
8. Every American space flight menu has included chocolate
9. Myspace is blue, Facebook is blue, Instagram is blue, Tumblr is blue, Twitter is blue. The color blue relieves stress.
10. "Armageddon, " "Apollo 13, " and "Around the World in 80 Days" are among the movies that NASA keeps aboard the International Space Station.
11. Since weightlessness causes the spine to expand and straighten, astronauts may measure up to two inches taller in space.
12. Flames in space burn with a lower temperature, at a slower rate, and with less oxygen than in normal gravity.
13. Alcohol is not exclusively a terrestrial matter. Astronomers found out there is a lot alcohol in space as well.
14. Apple has $178 billion in cash. It could buy: Uber Tesla Twitter Netflix Dropbox Airbnb Snapchat SpaceX and still have $20 billion left.
15. Taylor Swift used Myspace to develop her fanbase, which was unheard of in country music at the time.
16. In 2015, the International Space Station installed the first Italian espresso maker built to work in microgravity conditions.
17. M&Ms have been taken to space over 130 times since 1981.
18. During the first space walk in human history cosmonaut Alexei Leonov perspired so much that the sweat was sloshing around in his suit.
19. The first company to issue an ad into space was Doritos. The ad was sent out to possible aliens.
20. More than 8/10 people backspaces their whole password when they just mess up one letter.
21. The international Space Station is as roomy as a five bedroom house and travels at 17, 500 mph.
22. Since space is a vacuum the laser beams in Star Wars would not be visible, nor would you be able to hear the explosions.
23. Space smells like "seared steak" or "hot metal" to astronauts returning from spacewalks
24. The Empire State Building makes more money from tickets sales for its observation decks than it does from renting office space.
25. Everything in the universe moves relative to everything else. The sun is no more fixed in space than the earth is.
26. Space Jam was the highest grossing basketball movie of all time.
27. Apple has $178 billion in cash. It could buy:
and still have $20 billion left.
28. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. They paid the Russians $1 million to transport the Pizza.
29. The International Space Station is estimated to be the most expensive thing ever built ($160 billion)
30. There is a water vapor cloud in space which has 100 trillion times the amount of water present on Earth.
31. Cockroaches grown in space became quicker and stronger than their terrestrial counterparts
32. The cost of the International Space Station is funded by the USA 81%, Russia 8%, Europe 3%, Japan 3%, and Canada 1%.
33. The Nintendo Game Boy was the first video game console played in outer space.
34. An Astronaut can be up to 2 inches taller returning from space. The cartilage disks in the spine expand in the absence of gravity.
35. Astronauts come from America – Space explorers from Russia are called “cosmonauts.”
36. The space between your pointer finger and thumb is called the "purlicue."
37. The Outer Space Treaty states that the moon can be used for peaceful purposes by all nations and weapons of mass destruction are prohibited.
38. Every atom in existence is about 99.99% empty space – Which means everything in the universe is made up of mostly nothing.
39. 41% of people say that their first social media profile was on Facebook, while 26% say it was Myspace.
40. If you could drive your car straight up you would arrive in space in just over an hour.
41. In 2006 a guy named Chris Putnam hacked into Facebook and made thousands of profiles look like MySpace profiles. Facebook hired him.
42. In Monopoly, Illinois Avenue is the space on which a player has the greatest statistical chance of landing.
43. After six months on the International Space Station, astronauts are .0007 seconds younger than people on Earth.
44. Mae Jemison, the first African American woman to go to space, was also the first real astronaut to appear on "Star Trek."
45. NASA once banned beans because astronaut farts could cause sudden fires on a spacecraft.
46. If you were pushed from a spaceship without a suit, you would not die from cold or pressure, like in movies, but simply lack of Oxygen.
47. A study found that 50% of LGBT individuals surveyed avoided public spaces because of harassment.
48. At any given second, the space bar on a computer or phone keyboard is being pressed 6 million times.
49. KEO, the capsule that will be launched into space in 2014, is accepting personal messages. It is scheduled to return after 50, 000 years.
50. A pineapple fruitcake made it to space and back to Earth safely and now it is kept in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
51. There were only 58 years between the first manned, controlled aircraft and the first time humans went to space.
52. Cockroaches raised in space become quicker, stronger, faster, and tougher than cockroaches on Earth.
53. Astronauts come from America – Space explorers from Russia are called "cosmonauts."
54. The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 made it illegal for countries to establish military bases on the Moon.
55. 32% of single people say the biggest turn offs when it comes to flirting is coming on too strongly and invading personal space.
56. Scientists have discovered a giant cloud of alcohol – spanning 288 billion miles – floating in space.
57. The Great Wall of China is the only man made structure visible from space.
58. 99.99% of people backspace their whole password, when they just mess up one letter.
59. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
60. Astronauts in space lose significant bone and muscle mass because of zero gravity.
61. If you were exposed to the vacuum of space, all the air would leave your body, your saliva would boil, and your blood vessels would burst.
62. If you stood on the surface of Mars with no spacesuit, you would pass out in 30 seconds and be dead in a minute.
63. Astronauts aboard the International Space Station can see about 16 sunrises and 16 sunsets a day.
64. For a price of $20 million to $40 million, Space Adventures will take you to the International Space Station.
65. French people refer to "pot brownies" or other marijuana edibles as "space cakes."
66. Space is black because the universe is constantly expanding — the only nearby source of light is the Sun.
67. Humans could actually survive for about two minutes with no suit in space.
68. At the center of almost every snow crystal is a tiny mote of dust, which can be anything from volcanic ash to a particle from outer space.
69. Dutch artist Berndnaut Smilde creates real clouds inside indoor spaces.
70. The 4 square feet of space surrounding anyone at any given time is considered as a personal space by most people.
71. Outer space is only an hour away, if you could drive your car straight into the sky at 60 MPH.
72. There is a cloud of alcohol in outer space with enough alcohol to make 4 trillion trillion drinks.
73. Fleas can jump 50 100 TIMES their own body height! Also, they can accelerate 50 times faster than a space shuttle taking off!
74. Astronauts can see cosmic lightning when they close their eyes in space.
75. MDIF, a New York based non profit, is planning to beam free wifi to the whole world from space.
76. When you wring out a washcloth in space, the water creates a force field around the cloth.
77. The first fish in space was a South American guppy in 1976
78. There is a cloud of alcohol in outer space with enough alcohol to make 4 trillion trillion drinks
79. Buzz Lightyear holds the record for longest time in space after spending 467 days aboard the space shuttle Discovery.
80. According to findings by astronomers, space tastes like raspberries.
81. Astronauts eat hot sauce in space to clear sinuses.
82. If you were directly exposed to space, your body would swell to be three times its normal size.
83. MySpace users tend to have fewer years of formal education than users of other social network services
84. M&Ms are the best space snacks according to astronauts.
85. Relative to our galaxy, the Earth is traveling through space at more than 500, 000 mph.
86. The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust.
87. Astronauts get taller when they are in space.
88. Any space vehicle must move at a rate of 7 miles per second in order to escape the earth's gravitational pull.
89. Astronauts cannot burp in space.
90. Coca Cola was the first soft drink to be consumed in outer space.
91. If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.
92. If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.
93. In space, astronauts cannot cry properly, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow down their faces.
94. It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up.
95. The earth travels through space at 660, 000 miles per hour.
96. The heart of an astronaut actually gets smaller when in outer space.
97. Today's top fuel dragsters take off with more force than the space shuttle.
98. Today's top fuel dragsters take off with more force than the space shuttle.