1. Plants that are not cared for will cry for help. A thirsty plant will make a high pitched sound that is too high for us to hear.
2. Ferrari engines are musically engineered to sound perfect by utilizing 3rd and 6th harmonics on the air intake, like a flute or organ.
3. One species of wolf spider "purrs" to potential mates by standing on a thin surface, like a leaf, and vibrating it until it makes a sound.
4. Psychology states that forgetting is key to a healthy mind: Letting go of memories supports a sound state of mind.
5. Try this! Put a finger in your ear and scratch, the sound produced is exactly the same as you are playing Pacman.
6. "Semantic satiation" occurs when a word loses its meaning and looks or sounds like gibberish because of constant repetition.
7. In an ongoing study, the sound of someone vomiting was ranked the #1 most cringe worthy sound ever. Microphone feedback was ranked #2.
8. A study found that people who drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day had a lower risk of developing Tinnitus – That ringing sound in your ear.
9. The only species of bear that does not move its ears to pick up sound is the giant panda.
10. In spanish, "Colgate" sounds almost exactly like the word that means, "Go hang yourself."
11. Yoko Ono once brought a dead rat to a studio, and wanted the sound engineer to record it. They recorded two takes of the “dead rat solo.”
12. A menu item that has a lot of rhythmic syllables in its name sounds tastier than one with a short name.
13. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee
14. The sound of a walking E.T was accomplished by using a damp t shirt stuffed with Jell O.
15. Plants that are not cared for will cry for help. A thirsty plant will make a high pitched sound that is too high for us to hear.
16. Researchers found that plants talk and listen to each other by making "clicking" sounds.
17. The eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 was the loudest sound in recorded history. It was heard 3, 000 miles away in Mauritius.
18. Häagen Dazs doesn’t actually mean anything and was invented by the founder of the company because he wanted it to sound Danish.
19. Only male turkeys make the sound that is referred to as a “gobble.”
20. Hersheys Kiss got its name from the puckering sound made by the manufacturing equipment as a chocolate was dropped onto the conveyor belt
21. Forgetting is important for a healthy mind: Letting go of memories supports a sound state of mind.
22. Coughing can cause air to move through your windpipe faster than the speed of sound – over a thousand feet per second.
23. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear
24. Prospective employers will see you as more intelligent and capable simply by hearing the sound of your voice.
25. Smile before answering the phone. It will make you sound happier and improve quality of conversation.
26. Sound can affect taste. Higher frequency sounds make things taste more sweet, while low frequency sounds bring bitterness.
27. The TARDIS sound effect on Dr. Who is an enhanced version of a key rubbing the bass string of a piano.
28. British people used to have American sounding accents, not the other way around.
29. Hearing is the fastest human sense. A person can recognize a sound in as little as 0.05 seconds.
30. Sound waves can be used to make objects levitate.
31. Listening to a CD of nature sounds can boost a person’s spirit in as little as three minutes.
32. In Japan, Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald due to a lack of a clear “r” sound in Japanese.
33. In Jurassic Park, Dolphin screams, walruses bellowing, geese hissing, an African crane’s mating call were mixed to formulate raptor sounds.
34. Motor boat To bury ones face in some giant jugs and shake your face back and fourth while blowing out, and making a hubababa sound.
35. Adam Levine says that listening to "Are You That Somebody?" by Aaliyah convinced him to pursue a more soulful sound in his music.
36. Mouthgasm Eating something that causes you to make a pleasurable sounds out loud, exactly like the ones you make when you have a orgasm.
37. Most voters tend to vote for the candidate with the lower sounding voice.
38. If you were to produce a sound louder than 1, 100 dB, you would create a black hole and destroy the galaxy.
39. Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, dogs only have about ten.
40. Schizophrenics are much less likely to recognize the sound of their own voice than completely sane people.
41. Cracking your knuckles does not actually hurt your bones or cause arthritis. The sound you hear is just gas bubbles bursting!
42. Giraffe can actually make sounds. Some cough, whistle, or moo
43. A theater manager in Seoul, Korea felt that The Sound of Music was too long, so he shortened it by cutting out all the songs.
44. We stop and freeze when we want to hear something important because the sound we make as we move is distracting.
45. The sound of a Sloth Bear sucking up termites can be heard 330 feet away.
46. Whips make a cracking sound when they are snapped because the tip moves faster than the speed of sound creating a small sonic boom.
47. if a tree falls in the forest it still make a sound dam the world doesnt revolve around you being there to hear it
48. If your name sounds noble, you are more likely to work in a high ranking position.
49. Cats can hear ultrasound
50. iPhone full of trap music and nature sounds
51. Deadmau5 has criticized the homogenization of EDM, stating that the music he hears "all sounds the same."
52. Although elephants can make a very wide range of sounds (10 octaves), they mostly communicate through low frequency sounds called “rumbling”
53. Mudpuppies spend their entire lives underwater and are distinguished as the only salamanders that make sound a dog like barking.
54. People with misophonia are enraged by ambient sounds, like other people breathing or chewing.
55. Your taste in music represents what your mood would sound like if you could hear it.
56. Rats and mice are actually ticklish. And they laugh, meaning they make lots of squeaking sounds if tickled.
57. Shakira was rejected from the school choir because the teacher thought she sounded like a goat.
58. Some people claim that “cellar door” is the most beautiful sounding phrase in English.
59. In Japan, Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald due to a lack of a clear "r" sound in Japanese.
60. Before babies can even talk, they rehearse the sounds in their brain.
61. Sound travels nearly 5 times faster underwater than it does in the air.
62. Repeating a common word over and over until it loses all meaning and sounds weird is called semantic satiation.
63. Fish communicate with each other by rasping their teeth to make sounds in their throat, or by using their swim bladder to create sounds
64. Only male turkeys make the sound that is referred to as a "gobble."
65. One of the least unpleasant sounds for humans is the sound of thunder.
66. Sound waves travel through a hippos jaws, allowing it to hear underwater.
67. Humpback whales create the loudest sound of any living creature.
68. People who use "upspeak" (to make a statement sound like a question) tend to have superior empathy.
69. Cats make over 100 different vocal sounds: dogs can make about ten.
70. Pumas don't really roar even though they are big cats. They prefer to make a series of sounds similar to whistles, squeaks and purrs.
71. Any modern jet is capable of breaking the sound barrier.
72. At 188 decibels, the whistle of the blue whale is the loudest sound produced by any animal.
73. Cats make over 100 different vocal sounds; dogs can make about ten.
74. Dogs can hear sounds that you can't.
75. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
76. Sound at the right vibration can bore holes through a solid object.
77. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow then it is ripe.