Published : 2014-12-23 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
21 Funny soda facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random soda facts.
1. Coca Cola made a fruit flavored soda for the Nazis when there was a shortage of syrup in 1941 And that is how Fanta was created.
2. Soda has the same effect on your teeth as cocaine and meth.
3. Every year, the average meat eating American ingests more than enough blood to fill a soda can
4. A program was launched in Belgium in 2001 to replace sugary drinks and soda in school lunches with beer
5. According to a study, sports drinks have an even stronger relationship than sugared sodas with weight gain.
6. Cranberry juice is not naturally sweet, so much sugar is added that in calorie content and sugar content, it is equal to sodas.
7. Baking soda whitens, freshens, and softens fabrics. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda along with your regular laundry detergent.
8. Coca Cola made a fruit flavored soda for the Nazis when there was a shortage of syrup in 1941 And that is how Fanta was created.
9. 7 UP was originally called "Bib Label Lithiated Lemon Lime Soda"
10. Between 44 and 58% of people over the age of six have one soda a day.
11. Americans spend about $65 billion a year on soda.
12. Dentists have found that the effects of soda on teeth are strikingly similar to the effects of meth or crack on teeth.
13. Most sodas have a pH level higher than acid rain.
14. There is a woman named, "Marijuana Pepsi Jackson" – She has never smoked and prefers orange soda.
15. "The Simpsons" was broadcast in Arabic — due to Islamic customs, Homer drank soda instead of beer.
16. Your brain needs the daily equivalent of the sugar found in three cans of soda to function.
17. Coca Cola makes a cane sugar version of its soda during Passover in the US. Look for the yellow cap.
18. The Popsicle was invented in 1905 by an 11 year old boy who left a stirring stick in his soda outside overnight and it froze.
19. Drinking just one can of (non diet) soda per day can raise our risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 22%.
20. Want to prank your friends? Freeze Mentos in ice cubes. Serve them time bomb sodas.
21. The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year.