Published : 2014-12-25 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
23 Funny snake facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random snake facts.
1. Human skin is made up of keratin, which is the same material the makes up the scales of snakes and armadillos.
2. Nicolas Cage once bought a two headed snake for protection. Later, he donated it to a zoo.
3. Snakes kill 100, 000 people every year.
4. There is a snake venom that causes you to bleed from all holes of your body.
5. 6% of drivers will go out of their way to hit an animal they hate, like a tarantula or a snake.
6. When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.
7. A grass snake can move at 4.2 miles per hour
8. Samuel L. Jackson demanded that the studio keep "Snakes on a Plane" as the title because it was the only reason he accepted the role.
9. Captured tiger sharks have been found with snakes, birds and even tires, license plates, and tin cans in their stomachs.
10. The only continent without reptiles or snakes is Antarctica.
11. Some women prefer to insert the tail of a snake to pleasure themselves from its wriggling. This is called Ophidicism.
12. The venom in 1 bite from a Fierce Snake could kill 250, 000 mice.
13. When bitten by a coral snake, a Texas man killed the snake by biting off the snake’s head and using the decapitated body as a tourniquet.
15. There are spiders big enough to eat snakes in Australia.
16. The frilled shark is a super rare shark that closely resembles prehistoric sharks. It can swallow food whole like a snake!
17. Some lizard species have no legs and have to move around like snakes.
18. The mortality rate if bitten by a Black Mambo snake is over 95%.
19. The black widow’s venom is 15 times more deadly than a rattlesnake’s.
20. The striped kukri snake earns its name from its fangs, which look like the Kukri knives used by the Nepali army.
21. At the outbreak of the Second World War, zookeepers killed all the poisonous insects and snakes in London Zoo, in case it was bombed and they escaped.
22. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake, and fail to receive medical attention, you still have a 50% chance of survival.
23. The Japanese liquor, Mam, uses venomous snakes as one of its main engredients.