1. Humans can smell fear, and fear is contagious.
2. There is a neurological condition called "Synesthesia" in which a patient can actually see, smell and taste lyrics while listening to music.
3. There are people who can actually see, smell and physically taste music it is called "synesthesia."
4. The smell of freshly cut grass is actually the scent plants release when in distress.
5. A French company can extract the smell of your dead loved one from their clothes and make a perfume out of it.
6. Psychology states that out of all the senses, smell is most closely linked to memory.
7. We automatically perceive people who smell good as more attractive.
8. Lick your wrist and smell it. This is what your breath smells like to others.
9. The bombardier beetle can shoot boiling hot, foul smelling liquid from a gland that can rotate 270 degrees.
10. Synesthesia is a neurological condition that can cause a person to see, smell and taste music.
11. In China, you can be a professional flatulence smeller and make about $50, 000.00 USD a year.
12. Except for identical twins, every person on Earth has a unique smell.
13. The gut bacteria that cause smelly farts enjoy munching on sugary foods the most.
14. The largest flower in the world is called Rafflesia Arnoldii. It can grow as big as an umbrella and smells like decaying flesh.
15. When a female leopard is ready to mate she will give a scent and rub her body on the trees to leave her smell there.
16. Without its smell, coffee would have only a sour or bitter taste due to the organic acids.
17. There’s a massive cloud full of alcohol in the center of our galaxy. It would smell like rum and taste like raspberries.
18. The Cosmos Atrosanguineus is a type of flower that actually smells like chocolate.
19. The "post rain" smell is caused by a mixture of plant oils, bacterial spores, and ozone.
20. The smell of Crayola crayons is so familiar that it is 1 of the 20 most recognizable scents to American adults
21. The ingredient used in perfumes to help its smell stay longer on your skin is actually whale’s vomit also known as Ambergris.
22. Space smells like "seared steak" or "hot metal" to astronauts returning from spacewalks
23. Shoes smell bad? Put them in the freezer overnight. It will kill the bacteria and get rid of the stink.
24. Approximately 80 90% of what we perceive as “taste” comes from our sense of smell.
25. Everyone has a unique smell. Identical twins smell so alike that most times, only trained dogs can tell the difference.
26. The sense that is most associated with memory is smell. Wearing a cologne during a special time can keep memories better than a journal!
27. Silent farts have the most concentrated doses of sulfur, the compound that makes farts smell.
28. The smell of gasoline triggers the region of the brain associated with pleasure which is why so many people enjoy it.
29. If your shoes smell, Put dry tea bags inside them & The bags will absorb the unpleasant smells.
30. The Pyrus calleryana is a tree that distinctly and strongly smells like semen.
31. Antiperspirants actually make people smell worse.
32. Stick insects ooze out foul smelling blood from their joints as a defense mechanism.
33. Clothes that are dried outside DO smell better because of a process called photolysis.
34. A recent study found that women are more likely to date men who smell like their fathers.
35. Women are more influenced by how a man smells than how he looks. Men, choose your fragrance wisely.
36. The fresh, salty smell of beach air is actually the smell of rotting seaweed.
37. Smellfie To discretely sniff ones underarms for stank before venturing out in to public areas as to not offend other with fowl body odor.
38. Researchers have found that the smell of flowers has a positive influence on your emotions.
39. There actually exists a Pizza Hut perfume that smells like a box of fresh Pizza Hut pizza being opened.
40. Fear makes the nose more sensitive to smells and increases memory retention.
41. Trimethylaminuria is a metabolic disorder that makes you smell like day old fish. It has no known cure or treatment.
42. Trimethylaminuria is the condition where people suffer from body odor that smells like rotting fish.
43. Studies show that sandwiches actually taste better when other people make them for you, when we make food we get desensitized to the smell.
44. Smelling, not eating, green apples can help you lose weight.
45. Farts smell worse in the shower because our nose works better in high heat and humidity.
46. People with ADD/ADHD tend to have a better sense of smell due to increased odor sensitivity.
47. “Father Christmas” is a pill that makes your farts smell like chocolate.
48. People who smoke marijuana get the munchies because they have a heightened sense of smell.
49. It is possible for humans to smell a storm coming.
50. When somebody smells good, we automatically perceive them as more attractive.
51. The smell of newborn babies excites women in the same way an addict craving for drugs enjoys his fix, according to scientists.
52. An elephant can smell water 3 miles away
53. "Chocolate cosmos" is a flower that smells like chocolate.
54. In 2006, a woman farted on a plane and tried to cover up the smell by lighting matches, causing an emergency landing.
55. A woman once farted on a plane and tried to cover up the smell by lighting matches, which caused an emergency landing.
56. Life hack: Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
57. Bluebottle flies can smell meat from distances 7 km away.
58. That "old person smell" is actually caused by a chemical, called 2 nonenal, that old people secrete through their skin.
59. Cats tend to clean themselves after you pet them because they hate the human smell.
60. If you have to clean up vomit, put ground coffee on it first. It takes away the smell and dehydrates it you can then sweep it up easily.
61. A "Dutch oven" is when you fart in bed and then pull the covers over another person to smell it.
62. Researchers found that people take smaller bites and eat less when the food smells stronger.
63. People with wet earwax are more prone to smelly armpits.
64. Even bloodhounds cannot smell the difference between two identical twins.
65. Evert stream smells different to a salmon. They can smell their way back to the streams where they were born.
66. Found throughout southern Africa, aardvarks use their keen sense of smell to sniff out their favorite food—termites.
67. Approximately 80 90% of what we perceive as "taste" comes from our sense of smell.
68. Human meat looks, smells, feels and tastes similar to veal so much so that the average person cannot tell the difference.
69. The Beatles concerts were said to smell heavily of urine due to overexcited girls.
70. When someone smells good, it automatically makes them more attractive
71. Alexander the Great was said to have skin that smelled so good, it would perfume his clothes.
72. The best way to tell if you have bad breath is to lick your wrist, let you saliva dry, and then smell it.
73. Remove unpleasant odor in smelly shoes or gymbags by placing dry tea bags in them.
74. Moon dust smells like gunpowder.
75. Oranges and lemons smell different due to chemically identical molecules that are mirror images of each other. An orange is really just a left handed lemon.
76. Leather skin does not have any smell. The leather smell that you sense is actually derived from the materials used in the tanning process.
77. A woman's sense of smell is most sensitive during ovulation.
78. Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
79. Each nostril of a human being register smell in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
80. Natural gas has no smell. The odor is artificially added so that people will be able to identify leaks and take measures to stop them.
81. Onions have no flavor, only a smell.
82. Out of all the senses, smell is most closely linked to memory.
83. Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight.
84. The chemicals indole and skatole, which help to account for the particular smell of human feces, are used as ingredients in perfume.
85. The male gypsy moth can "smell" the virgin female gypsy moth from 1.8 miles away.
86. You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping.