1. Sleeping for less than 6 hours any night skews the productivity of your immune system, metabolism, and the body’s response to stress.
2. The Hogwarts school motto is Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
3. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
4. There is a disease where you eventually stop sleeping, and then die. There is no cure.
5. Cats spend 75% of their lives sleeping.
6. Sleeping Beauty Syndrome is a rare sickness that causes people to sleep for up to 10 days at a time.
7. Drink green tea before bed to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea will also increase your metabolism.
8. Drinking green tea before bed will allow your body to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea also increases your metabolism.
9. An owl has three eyelids: one for blinking, one for sleeping and one for keeping the eye clean and healthy.
10. Sleeping beauty Syndrome is a sickness that causes people to sleep for up to 10 days at a time.
11. The Power Puff Girls were originally based off of the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty.
12. Giraffes sleep only 1.9 hours a day in five to 10 minute sessions. Koalas are the longest sleeping mammals, sleeping up to 22 hours a day.
13. St Vitus is the patron saint of oversleeping.
14. The Hogwarts school motto is "Draco Dormiens Nunquim Titillandus, " Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
15. Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan. It is viewed as exhaustion from working hard.
16. Sleeping next to someone you love not only reduces depression, but it helps you live longer, and makes you fall asleep faster
17. Sleeping for less than 6 hours any night skews the productivity of your immune system, metabolism, and the body’s response to stress.
18. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV
19. Sleeping in the fetal position provides the body with optimum blood circulation for a healthy sleeping session
20. The average human will spend one third of their life sleeping.
21. You burn more calories sleeping than watching television
22. A sleeping human brain can still understand the words being spoken around it.
23. Sleeping through the summer, rather than the winter is called ‘Aestivation’.
24. "Last night I closed my laptop down and put it on my bed. I turned it back on and it was open and frozen on a pic of me as I was sleeping."
25. Sleeping too little can be just as dangerous as smoking a 10 cigarettes.
26. Consuming large amounts of sugar, overeating, not sleeping enough and smoking are all brain damaging habits.
27. Sleeping next to someone you love makes you fall asleep faster, reduces depression, and helps you live longer.
28. Nightmares are mostly caused by sleeping in an extremely cold room temperature.
29. Sleeping next to someone you love not only reduces depression, but it also helps you to live longer and makes you fall asleep faster.
30. Sleeping an extra two hours can help your body burn an extra 100 calories.
31. Sleeping is the best natural cure to forget about problems, pain, stress, and everything for a while.
32. Sleeping less causes you to lie more.
33. Sleeping on your right side helps you fall asleep faster than sleeping on your left side.
34. The Golden lion tamarin is a species of monkey that can be found sleeping in abandoned woodpecker nests.
35. Sleeping without a bra improves quality of sleep by over 95% and is an effective way of treating insomnia.
36. Armadillos, opossums, and sloth’s spend about 80% of their lives sleeping.
37. Having trouble sleeping? Blink fast for a minute. Tired eyes help you fall asleep.
38. Elephants often bury dead or sleeping humans or aid them when they are hurt.
39. Sleeping at least 7 hours per night prevents heart disease.
40. Sleeping next to someone you love not only reduces depression, but it helps you live longer, and makes you fall asleep faster.
41. If you sleep on your right side you will fall asleep faster than sleeping on your left side.
42. Sleeping is a cure to forget about pain, problems, stress and everything for a while.
43. Cuddling before going to bed is almost 10 times more effective than any sleeping pills.
44. Before sleeping, most people will imagine stuff they want to happen
45. The cicada, a fly found in Africa, spends 17 years of its life sleeping; and only two weeks is awake during which mates and then dies.
46. You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping.