1. Lack of sleep makes it difficult to control emotions which is why people are more likely to cry or laugh uncontrollably at night.
2. Intelligent people are more likely to have a harder time falling asleep due to increased brain stimulation.
3. Sleeping for less than 6 hours any night skews the productivity of your immune system, metabolism, and the body’s response to stress.
4. Many teenagers who sleep less than 8 9 hours every night suffer from irritability, mood swings & even depression.
5. The Hogwarts school motto is Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
6. Over thinking can cause symptoms of anxiety and insomnia, making it impossible to fall asleep at night.
7. Feelings of loneliness can contribute to fragmented sleep.
8. "I sleep to forget the world."
9. The harder you concentrate on falling asleep, the harder it becomes to actually fall asleep.
10. If you have a newborn, sleep with its baby blanket for one night so you leave your scent. This will be comforting for them
11. Studies show that people who are lonely and/or depressed are more likely to sleep with multiple pillows.
12. The hormone that makes you grow is only produced when you sleep.
13. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
14. There is a disease where you eventually stop sleeping, and then die. There is no cure.
15. Lack of sleep leads to sugar cravings.
16. The less sleep you get, the more dreams you have when you DO sleep.
17. Music and sleep are two of the best ways to escape from everything
18. For kids, a loss of one hour of sleep is equivalent to the loss of two years of cognitive maturation and development, according to research.
19. Cats spend 75% of their lives sleeping.
20. Your body is actually designed to get 4 hours of sleep twice per day instead of 8 hours once. Naps are healthy!
21. The internet runs 24 hours a day in some parts of the world, but in Asia, South America, and Eastern Europe the internet “sleeps.”
22. Lack of sleep can cause you to gain weight by making you crave sweet things.
23. Sleeping Beauty Syndrome is a rare sickness that causes people to sleep for up to 10 days at a time.
24. Panic attacks can happen in a your sleep.
25. Psychology says that sleep makes you more creative and makes your memories stronger.
26. African Americans are 3x likelier and Latinos are 2 3x likelier to report less than 5 hours of sleep a day, compared to whites.
27. There was a study done that showed that mobile phone use before bed adversely affects your sleep.
28. u know what part i love about waking up?
none of it. let me sleep
29. Drink green tea before bed to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea will also increase your metabolism.
30. Drinking green tea before bed will allow your body to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea also increases your metabolism.
31. 90% of people 18 to 29 years old sleep with their phones in or right next to their bed.
32. Sleep is often used to temporarily help distract the mind from a stressful life. Sleep enhances emotional strength.
33. When an ant gets too drunk, his fellow comrade will carry him back to the nest to sleep off the alcohol.
34. Lack of sleep makes it difficult to control emotions which is why people are more likely to cry or laugh uncontrollably at night.
35. Humans can live longer without food than sleep.
36. 28% of men surveyed said they would sleep with their best friend’s mom or girlfriend if the Apocalypse was near.
37. Listening to your favorite song before bed can help you sleep better, wake up easier and enhance your mood for the upcoming day.
38. People who sleep less tend to crave junk food
39. People who oversleep tend to crave more sleep
40. A study found that the more money you make, the more sleep you tend to get.
41. An owl has three eyelids: one for blinking, one for sleeping and one for keeping the eye clean and healthy.
42. Tiger Woods stuttered as a child and used to talk to his dog until he fell asleep in an effort to get rid of it.
43. About 2% of the population are considered “sleepless elite” which means they are night owls and early birds simultaneously.
44. Only 6 percent of kids in the 10th grade and only 3 percent in the 12th grade get the recommended amount of sleep.
45. People with higher intelligence have a harder time falling asleep at night due to increased brain activity.
46. Sleeping beauty Syndrome is a sickness that causes people to sleep for up to 10 days at a time.
47. In South Korea, where great emphasis is placed on academic success, kids average 4.9 hours of sleep a night.
48. People who only get about 6 to 7 hours of sleep a night have a longer life expectancy than those who sleep for 8 or more hours a night.
49. If it takes you less than 5 minutes to fall asleep, you are most likely sleep deprived It should take 7 to 10 minutes on an average night.
50. Frogs can see forwards, sideways and upwards all at the same time. They never close their eyes, even when they sleep.
51. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fell asleep at the State of the Union Address because she had a little too much wine beforehand.
52. Humans sleep on average around three hours less than other primates.
53. The Power Puff Girls were originally based off of the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty.
54. Giraffes sleep only 1.9 hours a day in five to 10 minute sessions. Koalas are the longest sleeping mammals, sleeping up to 22 hours a day.
55. Bulldogs are prone to sleep apnea.
56. The average person falls asleep in 7 minutes.
57. The word "nightmare" derives from "mare" a goblin from Germanic folklore which rides people chest while they sleep.
58. St Vitus is the patron saint of oversleeping.
59. Studies show sleep deprived people look less attractive.
60. It is more healthy to sleep in the nude than with clothes on.
61. A lack of sleep leads to sugar cravings.
62. It is possible for people to fall asleep with their eyes open and be entirely unaware of it.
63. The Hogwarts school motto is "Draco Dormiens Nunquim Titillandus, " Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
64. Feeling sleepy? Hold your breath until you cant anymore and then breathe out slowly. This will increase your heart rate
65. Losing 30 minutes of sleep each day could mess with metabolic function, causing obesity.
66. Couples that sleep together are healthier.
67. Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan. It is viewed as exhaustion from working hard.
68. Intelligent people are more creative during the night, experiencing high levels of mental stimulation, making it hard to sleep.
69. Human body is originally programmed for 2 four hour sleep cycles that is why we often wake up in the middle of night and unable to sleep.
70. Sleeping next to someone you love not only reduces depression, but it helps you live longer, and makes you fall asleep faster
71. Sleeping for less than 6 hours any night skews the productivity of your immune system, metabolism, and the body’s response to stress.
72. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV
73. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep can make you less sensitive to negative emotions
74. In Europe, until the 17th century, teenage boys were routinely masturbated by their nannies for a good night sleep.
75. Sleeping in the fetal position provides the body with optimum blood circulation for a healthy sleeping session
76. SCIENCE DOESNT SLEEP HOMEBOY
77. The original founders/owners of Macys died on the Titanic and were the old couple in the movie who went to sleep as the ship went down.
78. There is a hotel in Fiji where for $15, 000 a week you can sleep on the ocean floor and you can feed fish outside your window.
79. The average human will spend one third of their life sleeping.
80. Falling dreams typically occur at the beginning of the night, in Stage I sleep and are accompanied by muscle spasms, called myoclonic jerks.
81. Not getting enough sleep and being hungry are the two biggest reasons for being angry.
82. You burn more calories sleeping than watching television
83. A sleeping human brain can still understand the words being spoken around it.
84. Sleeping through the summer, rather than the winter is called ‘Aestivation’.
85. "Last night I closed my laptop down and put it on my bed. I turned it back on and it was open and frozen on a pic of me as I was sleeping."
86. Two people who sleep in the same bed are exposed to more radiation over the course of a year than someone who sleeps alone.
87. Foxes are solitary animals, they like to hunt and sleep alone.
88. People who sleep late have more mental stamina and can outperform early risers.
89. Sleeping too little can be just as dangerous as smoking a 10 cigarettes.
90. Adults need 7 9 hours of sleep per day.
91. People who sleep eight hours a day may die younger than people who sleep six or seven hours per day.
92. Avoiding use of cell phone and or internet 20 minutes before going to bed can help you fall asleep easier.
93. There is a children’s book called “Go The Fuck to Sleep’, which is narrated by Samuel L. Jackson.
94. Whore Definition: A woman who sleeps with everyone but you. Sentence: "She slept with Jim? What a whore!"
95. John Lennon sometimes liked to sleep in an old coffin.
96. I no longer have the energy to do all nighters like I used to. Now I need 8 hours of sleep and two naps to feel okay
97. People getting only 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night have a longer life expectancy than those who sleep 8 hours.
98. Lack of sleep causes the brain to remember events incorrectly.
99. Before going to bed, 94% of people count how many hours of sleep theyÍre going to get.
100. Psychological Fact The person you know whom secretly thinks of you before going to sleep is more likely to appear in your dreams.