Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
21 Funny sky facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random sky facts.
1. The Mall of America has no central heating system. All the heat is generated by people, lighting, and skylights.
2. The Mall of America has no central heating system. All the heat is generated by people, lighting, and skylights
3. Instagram: Screenshot of a Skype session between a girl and her bf that she is definitely cheating on. Caption: "Miss this handsome guy!"
4. The tiny white dots you can see when looking at a bright blue sky are actually white blood cells moving in front of the retina.
5. In the past five decades in the U.S., the number of food additives has skyrocketed from about 800 to more than 10, 000.
6. American Airlines could save $352, 154 in yearly fuel costs by flying without Sky Mall catalogs weighing down its planes.
7. The term Whisky or Whiskey comes from the Gaelic word ‘usquebaugh’ which translates to ‘water of life’.
8. Anakin Skywalker meets 6 of the 9 criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder.
9. Following the release of Fifty Shades of Grey, rope sales in hardware stores skyrocketed.
10. hate when kids ask "whys the sky blue" smh FOR THE 100TH TIME ITS QUANTUM RAYLEIGH SCATTERS
11. There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.
12. Leonardo da Vinci was the first to explain why the sky is blue.
13. The sun is 400 times larger than the moon but is also 400 times farther from Earth, making the two bodies appear the same size in the sky.
14. 500 blackbirds inexplicably fell from the sky over a ¼ mile stretch of road in Louisiana on Jan. 3.
15. Outer space is only an hour away, if you could drive your car straight into the sky at 60 MPH.
16. Sharks see contrast very well, wearing the color yellow or orange in the water is said to be risky.
17. Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
18. Dogs are bred to be our dependents, which is why they retain frisky puppy behavior throughout life.
19. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
20. Contrary to popular belief, lightning travels from the ground upwards not from the sky downwards.
21. Turkey's often look up at the sky during a rainstorm. Unfortunately some have been known to drown as a result.