1. Gelatin is created by boiling the bones and skins of cows and pigs
2. Smiling naturally lifts the muscles in the face and slows down the rate at which our facial skins age.
3. The depressed area of skin under your nose and above your upper lip is called your philtrum.
4. Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of our bodies. When you get rid of toxic waste in your system, your skin will show it first
5. Coffee reduces skin cancer risk.
6. Wearing skinny jeans can cause nerve damage in your legs, a condition called "tingling thigh syndrome."
7. The Incredible Hulk’s green skin color was originally a result of printing error (he was originally grey) that Stan Lee liked.
8. The mango is the most popular fruit in the world. It also prevents cancer, clears skin and lowers cholesterol.
9. Applying vodka on your face cleanses the skin, tightens pores and can prevent acne breakouts.
10. Smoking cigarettes is horrible for your skin and body overall health. #QuitSmoking
11. The Apple Watch cannot detect tattooed skin, causing it to lock and throw off heart rate readings when worn on a tattooed wrist
12. Every second, you make 500 new skin cells.
13. Human skin is made up of keratin, which is the same material the makes up the scales of snakes and armadillos.
14. According to some archaeologists, Cleopatra wore a gold mask every night to maintain her youthful looking skin.
15. In the next 30 seconds, you will, on average, produce 72 million red blood cells, shed 174, 000 skin cells, and have 25 thoughts.
16. Humans actually have 9 senses not 5 including thermoception, the sense of heat (or its absence) on our skin
17. In Australian slang, a "pash rash" is red, irritated skin that is the result of a make out session with someone with a beard.
18. Cleaner fish help out other fish by removing parasites and dead skin from their scales.
19. The border of your lips is called the vermilion skin border.
20. Frogs will die if their skin dries out.
21. In 1950, BF Skinner taught 2 pigeons to play ping pong by using positive reinforcement.
22. The ingredient used in perfumes to help its smell stay longer on your skin is actually whale’s vomit also known as Ambergris.
23. Students who do their homework by themselves instead of constantly asking for help get higher scores on tests, according to a study.
24. As much as you may hate them, cold showers are much better for your hair and skin.
25. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
26. Asking for small favors from people can make you more likable.
27. Chameleon skin is made up of tiny, mirror like crystals that reflect differing levels of light, allowing it to change color.
28. The Merriam Webster dictionary officially recognizes "wenis" as "the extra skin on your elbow."
29. Baby foreskins are commonly used in cosmetic treatments.
30. Wearing skinny jeans can cause nerve damage in your legs, a condition called "tingling thigh syndrome.
31. Stuck in a large crowd? Put pennies in a can and shake it, asking people to donate. Everyone will move to avoid you
32. According to a study, the average human sheds their entire outer skin layer every 2 4 weeks.
33. Bitch Definition: Any girl who is skinnier or prettier than you.
34. About 15% of the air you breathe in an average metro station is human skin.
35. Yes skinny girls are attractive but curvy girls are just as gorgeous, Look at the girl in my last tweet, she looked much better before dieting
36. According to one study, fifty percent of men say a girl asking them out is a turn on.
37. Sharks aren’t smooth, they have sharp scales on their skin
38. People with darker skin do not wrinkle as fast as people with lighter skin.
39. Gelatin is derived from collagen, a protein collected from animal skin.
40. Lighter skin in humans evolved only recently, maybe only 10, 000 years ago, probably in response to more clothing and limited diet.
41. The number of skin cancer cases due to tanning is higher than the number of lung cancer cases due to smoking.
42. Sharks actually urinate through their skin.
43. A few U.S. libraries still carry library books that were bound with human skin.
44. Humans only need to shower every two to three days — a daily shower can cause irritated and cracked skin.
45. People hear not only with their ears, but also skin and eyes.
46. A man in China once had 9, 999 red roses sewn into a dress for his girlfriend before asking for her hand in marriage.
47. If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28, 000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
48. Hippos don’t have sweat glands. They protect their skin with mucus, which stains their skin red.
49. In 2009, scientists announced a skin disorder they called “PlayStation palmar hidradenitis” caused by too much video game playing.
50. Potato chips were invented after a chef lost his temper with a customer who kept asking for his potatoes to be more fried and thinner.
51. In weight loss commercials they typically have a skinny person gain and then lose weight for the before/after pictures
52. An 18 year old freshmen funded his education by asking 2.8 million people for one penny.
53. Asking for forgiveness causes the recipient to be more forgiving in the future.
54. Dimples may be cute, but they are an inherited genetic flaw caused by a fibrous band of tissue that connects the skin to an underlying bone.
55. Testosterone increases by 200% when genital skin is exposed to the sun.
56. Drinking white or green tea every day will minimize the environmental damage done to your skin, and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
57. Australia’s blue tongue skinks are lizards that give birth to live young instead of laying eggs.
58. To protect themselves from STDs, the Ancient Egyptians used cobra skins molted to form condoms.
59. The Nile softshell turtle breathes through its skin.
60. Exercise! The more you circulate your blood through your body, the more vibrant you will look. Also, sweating helps detoxify your skin.
61. You can see the internal organs of the Nicaragua giant glass frog because it has transparent skin.
62. That "old person smell" is actually caused by a chemical, called 2 nonenal, that old people secrete through their skin.
63. If the acid from your stomach were to make its way onto your body, it would burn a hole through your skin.
64. Melanin in dark skinned African Americans provides natural protection from the sun, equivalent to SPF 13.
65. While filling a bath, drop in 5 10 green tea bags. This will detox your body, relax you, and give your skin a bountiful amount of minerals!
66. Our Society: Skinny = anorexic, thick = obese, virgin = too good, non virgin = slut, friendly = fake, quiet = rude.
67. Blue sharks tend to bite and nip each other during courtship. To cope, the females have skin that’s twice as thick.
68. Before you assume, try asking first.
69. Applying vodka on your face cleanses the skin, tightens pores and prevents acne breakouts.
70. Simply rubbing the inside of a banana peel against your skin will brighten up and tone your skin, help reduce acne, and enhance your glow.
71. For oily skin, mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply to face for 10 minutes, rinse.
72. Alexander the Great was said to have skin that smelled so good, it would perfume his clothes.
73. People with dark skin are 20 times less likely to get skin cancer than people with pale skin.
74. There are spray on skin cells that adhere quickly to wounds and speed healing.
75. Honey badgers can turn around in their own skin... which is a handy defense mechanism when they are attacked from behind!
76. Many frogs can actually drink and breathe through their skin
77. The most powerful way to win an argument is by asking questions. It can make people see the flaws in their logic.
78. When is an orange green? When it's a Valencia! Sometimes warm weather causes the skin to regreen, or reabsorb chlorophyll, giving it a greenish color. But it will still taste great.
79. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
80. The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep.
81. Baskin Robbins once made ketchup ice cream.
82. Perspiration is odorless; it is the bacteria on the skin that creates an odor.
83. Leather skin does not have any smell. The leather smell that you sense is actually derived from the materials used in the tanning process.
84. Most dust particles in your house come from dead skin.
85. A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
86. Your skin is actually an organ.
87. If your skin is laid flat it will cover an area of 18 square feet.
88. Maggots will only eat flesh if it is dead. For this reason, they are often used to remove the burnt skin from severe burn patients.
89. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
90. Perspiration is odorless; it is the bacteria on the skin that creates an odor.
91. What you find when you shave the striped fur off of a tiger? Striped skin.
92. You inhale about 700, 000 of your own skin flakes each day.