1. Less than 1% of books published sell more than 50 thousand copies.
2. Animal Planet aired a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids that convinced thousand of viewers. Twice.
3. None of the words from one to nine hundred ninety nine have an A except for the word One Thousand.
4. WWI allied soldiers would fire thousands of rounds at random over the German trenches to boil the water in their machine guns to make tea.
5. In 1989, Deion Sanders hit a homerun in Major League Baseball and scored a touchdown in the NFL in the same week.
6. You can avoid sinking in quicksand by lying on your back and slowly raising your legs
7. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
8. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
9. The construction of the Great Wall of China took over 2 thousands years.
10. While filming "Murder By Numbers, " Sandra Bullock brought a Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist to help the cast and crew cope with stress.
11. Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
12. Inside you belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem the size of a rainforest.
13. Lightning is hot enough to turn sand into glass
14. The words volt and voltage were named after physicist Alessandro Volta who invented the first battery
15. The light hitting the earth right now is thousand of years old.
16. There is a bottle of vodka that costs $3.75 Million, and is filtered through sand made from crushed diamonds and gems.
17. Coughing can cause air to move through your windpipe faster than the speed of sound – over a thousand feet per second.
18. #Leo meet thousands of people and none of them really touch them. And then they meet one person, and their life is changed forever.
19. McDonalds McRib sandwich contains some of the same ingredients used to manufacture gym mats and running shoes
20. You meet thousands of people and none of them really mean anything to you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.
21. If struck directly on sand, the heat of a lightning bolt can turn it into glass!
22. In 2006 a guy named Chris Putnam hacked into Facebook and made thousands of profiles look like MySpace profiles. Facebook hired him.
23. Documentary Heaven is a website that lets you watch thousands of documentaries for free.
24. Being single will save you a thousand times more stress than being in the wrong relationship.
25. Sand from the Sahara desert is blown by the wind all the way to the Amazon and fertilizes the rainforest by recharging its minerals.
26. "A white girl sucked my dick so good that I stopped wearing Jordans and started wearing sperrys" Sandalwood HS
27. Subway makes enough sandwiches in a year to wrap around the Earth 14 times.
28. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
29. Studies show that sandwiches actually taste better when other people make them for you, when we make food we get desensitized to the smell.
30. There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.
31. In 2010, Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for Best Actress and a Razzie for Worst Actress within 24 hours of each other.
32. More people are killed by sand castles than by sharks.
33. Although you can sink waist deep into quicksand, it is impossible for you to be submerged completely.
34. Hurricane Sandy sunk the ship used in “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
35. Saudi Arabia imports camels and sand from Australia.
36. Sandra Bullock is the highest paid actress of 2014, making $51 million in earnings.
37. Inside your belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem as complex as a rainforest.
38. Sometimes, people who are thousands of miles away can make you feel better than the ones right beside you.
39. You meet thousands of people, and none of them really mean anything to you. And then you meet one person, and your life is changed forever.
40. Thousands of marine creatures die every year from mistakenly swallowing plastic bags that resemble jellyfish.
41. Light travels at 186 thousand miles per second.
42. Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
43. Sandwiches taste better when someone else makes them because when you make your own, you anticipate its taste and become less hungry for it.
44. Over the last few thousand years our brains have been shrinking — fast.
45. There are ten times as many stars in the known universe as there are grains of sand in the world.
46. Napoleon constructed his battle plans in a sandbox.
47. Alessandro Volta is especially known for inventing the first true battery in 1800.
48. By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
49. It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.
50. Only two in one thousand diamonds are considered truly colorless.
51. Over 4.6 million Whopper sandwiches are sold at Burger King every day.
52. Sandra Bullock is allergic to horses.
53. The average child will eat 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the he/she graduates from high school.
54. The Taj Mahal took 20 years and 20 thousand men to finish.
55. The U.S. eastern seaboard consumes almost 50% of all ice cream sandwiches.