Published : 2014-12-22 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
28 Best russian facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random russian facts.
1. On this day in 1703, St Petersburg was founded by Russian Tsar Peter the Great.
2. The Russian language doesn’t have a word for “fun.”
3. Rick Moranis was fired from the set of The Breakfast Club after he kept playing the janitor as a goofy Russian character.
4. A U.S. mother sent her adopted Russian child back on a plane to Russia with a note saying "I no longer wish to parent this child."
5. Some stray Russian dogs have figured out how to use the subway system in order to travel to more populated areas in search of food.
6. Russian scientists in Siberia dug a hole 2.7 miles into the earth and claim to have discovered hell.
7. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. They paid the Russians $1 million to transport the Pizza.
8. During WWII, the Russians built a tank that could fly.
9. 81% of Russians say that they view the United States as bad or very bad.
10. 25% Russians die before reaching the age of 55, compared to just 1% in the U.S., and vodka is to blame.
11. Russian soldiers do not wear socks they wrap a piece of cloth around their feet. Socks will finally be introduced this year.
12. 25% of all Russian men die before they reach their mid 50s, mainly due to vodka.
13. Russians have the word “Zapoi” to describe several days of continuous drunkenness during which one withdraws from society.
14. More Nazis were killed by the Russians in the Battle of Stalingrad alone than were killed during the entire WWII by America.
15. An 80 year old Russian once fought a bear with a mix of punches, kicks, and headbutts before the bear threw him off of a cliff. He survived.
16. There is no historical evidence that Russians invented Russian roulette.
17. The most children born to one woman is 69. A Russian woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, & 4 sets of quadruple
18. One poll revealed that a third of all Russians believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
19. Wealthy Russians hire fake ambulances with luxury interiors and refreshments instead of medical equipment to beat city traffic.
20. South Koreans drink twice as much alcohol as Russians according to one study.
21. Over 35% of Russians would vote for Satan again if he were still alive.
22. Russian voters used to have a box on their ballots to vote for “against all”.
23. Russian has no word for 'blue', only two different words for 'light blue' and 'dark blue'.
24. 'Vodka' is Russian for 'little water'.
25. The official residence of the Russian president is the Kremlin in Moscow. The name Kremlin means fortress.
26. 10 percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
27. A Russian man who wore a beard during the time of Peter the Great had to pay a special tax.
28. At their closest point, the Russian and U.S. borders are less than two miles apart.