1. On this day in 1703, St Petersburg was founded by Russian Tsar Peter the Great.
2. In Russia, it is illegal to tell kids that gay people exist.
3. If you travel across Russia, you will cross seven time zones.
4. Peter III, ruler of Russia, hanged a large rat in public because it had eaten his toy soldiers, he was age 25.
5. Russia received aid from the United States since the fall of the Soviet Union to 2012.
6. The Russian language doesn’t have a word for “fun.”
7. Rick Moranis was fired from the set of The Breakfast Club after he kept playing the janitor as a goofy Russian character.
8. The CIA once discussed airdropping Extra Large condoms labeled “Medium” in Russia to convince them that US army was anatomically superior.
9. A U.S. mother sent her adopted Russian child back on a plane to Russia with a note saying "I no longer wish to parent this child."
10. The North Magnetic Pole, once located over Canada, is now in the Arctic Ocean and is slowly moving towards Russia.
11. Some stray Russian dogs have figured out how to use the subway system in order to travel to more populated areas in search of food.
12. Russian scientists in Siberia dug a hole 2.7 miles into the earth and claim to have discovered hell.
13. Russia and Japan are still technically at war because both countries still haven’t signed a peace treaty to end World War II.
14. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. They paid the Russians $1 million to transport the Pizza.
15. The cost of the International Space Station is funded by the USA 81%, Russia 8%, Europe 3%, Japan 3%, and Canada 1%.
16. There is a theater in Russia where all the actors are cats
17. Astronauts come from America – Space explorers from Russia are called “cosmonauts.”
18. Pluto is only as big as Russia
19. It’s illegal to be emo in Russia.
20. During WWII, the Russians built a tank that could fly.
21. 81% of Russians say that they view the United States as bad or very bad.
22. 25% Russians die before reaching the age of 55, compared to just 1% in the U.S., and vodka is to blame.
23. Russian soldiers do not wear socks they wrap a piece of cloth around their feet. Socks will finally be introduced this year.
24. Astronauts come from America – Space explorers from Russia are called "cosmonauts."
25. Russia has a larger surface area than the entire planet of Pluto.
26. Until 2011 in Russia, any drink that was under 10% alcohol was not considered an alcoholic beverage, just a regular drink.
27. In Russia empty bottles of vodka should always be placed on the ground. Putting it back on the table is seen as bad luck.
28. Russia has more nuclear weapons than any other country.
29. 25% of all Russian men die before they reach their mid 50s, mainly due to vodka.
30. In Russia, if you step on somebody’s foot accidentally, you are expected to put your foot out so they can equally step on yours.
31. Russians have the word “Zapoi” to describe several days of continuous drunkenness during which one withdraws from society.
32. More Nazis were killed by the Russians in the Battle of Stalingrad alone than were killed during the entire WWII by America.
33. An 80 year old Russian once fought a bear with a mix of punches, kicks, and headbutts before the bear threw him off of a cliff. He survived.
34. There is no historical evidence that Russians invented Russian roulette.
35. The most children born to one woman is 69. A Russian woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, & 4 sets of quadruple
36. One poll revealed that a third of all Russians believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.
37. Wealthy Russians hire fake ambulances with luxury interiors and refreshments instead of medical equipment to beat city traffic.
38. It is believed that Russia has at least 15 secret cities with their names, and locations unknown.
39. South Koreans drink twice as much alcohol as Russians according to one study.
40. In Russia, teachers have been paid in vodka.
41. Mammoths were still alive in Russia 3600 years ago and the Egyptians were making pyramids 4000 years ago.
42. Over 35% of Russians would vote for Satan again if he were still alive.
43. Russian voters used to have a box on their ballots to vote for “against all”.
44. Falling icicles kill about 100 people per year in Russia.
45. Pluto is smaller than Russia.
46. Russian has no word for 'blue', only two different words for 'light blue' and 'dark blue'.
47. The dialing code for Russia is 007.
48. Instead of a birthday cake, many children in Russia are given a birthday pie.
49. 'Vodka' is Russian for 'little water'.
50. The official residence of the Russian president is the Kremlin in Moscow. The name Kremlin means fortress.
51. 10 percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
52. A Russian man who wore a beard during the time of Peter the Great had to pay a special tax.
53. At their closest point, the Russian and U.S. borders are less than two miles apart.