1. It would take a manned rocketship about 70, 000 years to reach the next nearest solar system
2. In 1935 when the US raised the top tax rate to 79% for those making over $5 million it only applied to one person: John D. Rockefeller.
3. In 2002, Dave Grohl became the first person to hold the number one spot on the modern rock charts as a member of three different groups.
4. It is estimated that TV show "30 Rock" has an average of 9.57 jokes packed into every minute.
5. In the past five decades in the U.S., the number of food additives has skyrocketed from about 800 to more than 10, 000.
6. The US launched a spy rocket with a logo featuring an octopus and the words "Nothing is beyond our reach."
7. Before Sylvester Stallone sold the script for Rocky, he was homeless & sold his dog for $50. A week later, he bought his dog back for $3000.
8. Susan Sarandon wanted the role of Adrian Balboa in "Rocky" but was deemed "too attractive."
9. Rockin Around the Christmas Tree was written by a Jewish songwriter.
10. The "meth" that Jesse Pinkman smokes in Breaking Bad is actually rock candy and tastes like burnt cotton candy when smoked.
11. Rockstar Games paid for Grand Theft Auto to receive negative press.
12. Following the release of Fifty Shades of Grey, rope sales in hardware stores skyrocketed.
13. Snooki collects rocks and coasters from restaurants.
14. Sea Otters have a pouch that they use to store their favorite rock.
15. John D. Rockefeller was the first billionaire ever
16. The 1904 Summer Olympic Games, held in St. Louis, included greased pole climbing, rock throwing, and mud fighting.
17. Dolph Lundgren (Ivan Drago from Rocky IV) has an IQ of 160, and studied chemical engineering at MIT.
18. The elephant’s closest living relative is the rock hyrax, a small furry mammal that lives in rocky landscapes across sub Saharan Africa
19. Gary Dahl, of Los Gatos, California, sold over a million "Pet Rocks" in 1975 and thus became a millionaire.
20. Justin Timberlake’s “Rock Your Body” was written by Pharrell for Michael Jackson’s final album, Invincible.
21. On August 19th, 2014, the state of Oklahoma was rocked by 20 earthquakes in one day.
22. Cellulose gum found in rocket fuel can also be found in Twinkies.
23. Otters have a pouch in their fur to store their favorite rock.
24. $550 million dollars were donated by John D. Rockefeller during his lifetime.
25. Otters use tools like primates. They smash the shells of sea urchins with rocks to eat them.
26. The Tunicate once finding a suitable rock, will attach itself for life. It then eats its own brain deciding that it no longer needs it
27. A$AP Sedimentary Rocky
28. In school, Chris Rock was bussed to predominately white neighborhoods of Brooklyn, where he endured bullying and beating from white students
29. In 1917, John D. Rockefeller could have paid off the whole US public debt on his own. Today, Bill Gates's entire fortune would barely cover two months' interest.
30. Oil tycoon, John D. Rockefeller, was the world's first billionaire.
31. Ayres Rock is officially known as Uluru since it was handed over to the Aboriginals in the 1980's.
32. Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
33. In 1976 an LA secretary named Jannene Swift officially married a 50 pound rock in a ceremony witnessed by more than 20 people.