Published : 2014-12-23 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
24 Best restaurant facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random restaurant facts.
1. Fast food restaurants use yellow, red, and orange because those are the colors that stimulate hunger.
2. When you go to a restaurant and see rice in the salt shakers, its to keep the salt dry and prevent it from clumping together.
3. There is a fake village with fake shops and restaurants that is actually a care home for elderly dementia sufferers in the Netherlands.
4. 60% (50 of 83) of the restaurants that appeared on Kitchen Nightmares have been sold or shutdown.
5. There are so many restaurants in New York City that someone could eat out every night of their life and never eat the same restaurant twice.
6. In Malaysia, you can hold your hand up like a bowl and restaurant staff know to get you a bowl of rice.
7. Jon Bon Jovi has a restaurant that has no prices; guests pay whatever they can in exchange for their meal.
8. People who sit at a booth near the bar in a restaurant are 73% more likely to order dessert, according to research.
9. At a restaurant? wash your hands after ordering. The menu is generally the dirtiest thing you can touch!
10. A restaurant in London once sold ice cream made with breast milk.
11. Snooki collects rocks and coasters from restaurants.
12. Fast food restaurants have hard seats & fast paced music to encourage customers to eat faster.
13. In Japan never leave chopsticks vertically in your food in a restaurant it is seen as cursing the owner.
14. Fast food restaurants install hard seats and play fast paced music to encourage customers to eat faster and leave.
15. Playing slow music in a restaurant makes customers buy up to 40% more food than they normally would.
16. Diddy used to clean toilets at a Mexican restaurant before becoming famous.
17. A study found that the ice at fast food restaurants is dirtier than toilet water
18. Relationship Advice: Be with someone who gives you the same feeling of when you see your food coming at a restaurant.
19. People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
20. Warm colors such as yellow, orange and red make you hungry Which is why many fast food restaurants are yellow, orange and red.
21. There is a restaurant called "Modern Toilet" where you sit on toilets and eat out of mini toilets.
22. There is no tipping at restaurants in Japan.
23. 90% of all restaurants fail during their first year of operation.
24. Tipping at a restaurant in Iceland is considered an insult.