1. Silent reading is actually a recent phenomenon. Only the most skilled readers of the middle ages could read silently.
2. Nearly one third of Americans believe animals should have the same rights as people, a recent Gallup poll found.
3. Recent studies have shown a 4 second awkward silence pause in conversation creates feelings of rejection in the brain.
4. According to a recent study, men who have an older sister are less likely to be competitive.
5. The use of drugs being quite recent suggests that intelligent people use more drugs more frequently than less intelligent ones.
6. A recent study found that mindfulness based therapy (which includes meditation) can be just as effective as drugs when treating depression.
7. Recent studies have shown that marijuana extracts may help kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others.
8. According to a recent study, the most popular place to go on a first date is Starbucks.
9. Recent studies show that wealth is correlated with attraction to breast size. The poorer a man the larger breasts they prefer.
10. A recent study found that using Facebook for long periods of time can cause boredom, depression and fatigue.
11. A man recently sued Pizza Hut and won $2000 because their croutons were too crunchy.
12. According to a recent research done on 16000 women, the more curvy a woman, the more intelligent she is.
13. Recent studies have failed to find any link between lifetime use of psychedelic drugs and poor mental health.
14. A recent survey showed that 4 out of 5 police officers use social media for investigative purposes.
15. Scientists recently discovered a 3, 500 year old tablet containing what is believed to be the world’s oldest recorded “yo mamma” joke.
16. A recent study that has found nearly one tenth of adults believe coffee is a direct cause of cancer. It is not.
17. A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
18. A recent study found that women are more likely to date men who smell like their fathers.
19. The more dissatisfied you are with your current partner, the more likely you are to think about your most recent ex partner.
20. A recent study found that internet trolls are more likely to be sadists, psychopaths, and narcissists.
21. Bone density has decreased significantly in recent modern humans as a result of less physical activity than our ancestors.
22. Recent study shows that Facebook helps people feel connected, but it doesn’t make them happier.
23. A recent study found that college students who cheat in class are more attracted to jobs politics than non cheating students.
24. A New Mexico woman bought a van in the early 2000s, but during recent repair work, found 13 pounds of 15 year old marijuana in the door.
25. Lighter skin in humans evolved only recently, maybe only 10, 000 years ago, probably in response to more clothing and limited diet.
26. A recent survey found that lesbians are four times as likely as straight women to drive a Subaru.
27. Police dogs are trained to react to commands in a foreign language; commonly German but more recently Hungarian.
28. Multivitamins increase the risk of cancer and heart disease, according to recent studies.
29. According to a recent study done on 16, 000 women, the more curvy a woman is, the more intelligent she is.
30. A recent study found that cold viruses replicated more efficiently at colder temperatures, meaning that cold weather does cause colds.
31. The Westboro Baptist Church recently announced plans to protest the funeral of Robin Williams after deeming him gay friendly.
32. 4 common species of bumblebee have seen their numbers decrease by 96% in recent decades
33. Twitter is more addictive than cigarettes according to a recent scientific study.
34. Research indicates that mosquitoes are attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas.
35. Miley Cyrus and Chris Brown were voted the worst celebrity role models for kids by parents in a recent survey.
36. A recent study at Harvard has shown that eating chocolate can actually help you live longer.