1. Brazil prisons offer their prisoners the chance to reduce their prison sentence by four days for every book they read and write a report on.
2. The longest prison sentence was for 384, 911 years. It was given to a mailman failed to deliver over 40, 000 letters.
3. In 2006, a prisoner got himself a job in prison repairing mail bags, and he climbed inside one and mailed himself out of prison.
4. In Germany, attempting to escape from the prison is completely legal Getting yourself free is considered a basic human instinct.
5. Liechtenstein has an incarceration rate of 19 per 100, 000—with its population of just 37, 000, there are approximately 7 people in prison.
6. Brazil prisons offer the prisoners a chance to reduce their prison sentence by up to 48 days/year for every book they read&write a report on
7. 35% of Saudi women in prison are there because no male relative will collect them.
8. An inmate once escaped prison, once out, he began posting photos of himself mocking the police on Facebook which led police straight to him.
9. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, one in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime.
10. "Baker Miller Pink, " the color of Pepto Bismol, has a calming effect on prison inmates.
11. The longest prison sentence was 384, 911 years for failing to deliver mail.
12. In Germany, attempting to escape from the prison is completely legal Getting yourself free is considered a basic human instinct.
13. The U.S imprisons a much larger percentage of its black population than South Africa did at the height of apartheid.
14. Up until 2015, it was illegal to cheat on your spouse in South Korea and the crime was punishable with up to two years in prison.
15. Gary Glitter has just been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
16. Dungeons & Dragons is banned in certain U.S. prisons because it promotes "gang related" activities.
17. Since 1980, California has built 22 new prisons, but only one new University of California campus.
18. Tricking someone into viewing obscene material online is a crime that could land the perpetrator 10 years in prison.
19. In colonial times, lobsters were considered "poverty food" reserved for prisoners.
20. Rich people in China can hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence.
21. Intentionally farting on a California prison guard can get you an additional 11 years in prison.
22. Rich people in China often hire body doubles to serve their prison sentences.
23. Jim Carrey would write Tupac funny letters while he was in prison to help make him smile.
24. Martha Stewart became a billionaire while she was in prison.
25. In the US the death penalty is, on average, 10x more expensive to taxpayers than life imprisonment.
26. One of the 3 Lethal Injection drugs paralyzes the prisoner. This makes their death look peaceful to onlookers, but can hide suffering.
27. The man who threatened Trey Parker and Matt Stone for depicting Mohammed was sentenced to 25 years in federal prison.
28. Some prisons in Brazil allow its inmates to pedal exercise bikes to power lights in a nearby town in exchange for reduced sentences.
29. There are nearly as many inmates in California state prisons as there are in U.S. federal prisons.
30. It costs the U.S. Government $2, 768, 902 per year to hold a prisoner in Guantanamo.
31. Historically, lobster was not desired and seen as food for poor people. Prisoners complained because they were forced to eat lobster often.
32. Rich people in China hire body doubles to serve their prison sentences. This practice is called Ding zui
33. Tim Allen (voice of Buzz Lightyear) spent two years in prison for trafficking cocaine.
34. Prisons in Brazil use geese as security.
35. Soccer developed in London's famed Newgate Prison in the early 1800s. Prisoners who had their hands cut off for crimes of theft came up with a sport that used only the feet. The game spread from there.