Published : 2014-12-29 (over 2 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
23 Interesting pregnancy facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random pregnancy facts.
1. There was a woman who was pregnant for 17 months 11 days and is recorded as the longest human pregnancy ever.
2. Ancient Egyptians had a 70% accurate method for detecting pregnancy: a woman would pee on some seeds—if they sprouted, she was pregnant.
3. Stress during pregnancy has also been linked to offspring with autism.
4. After 60 years of pregnancy a 92 year old woman in China delivered a stone.
5. During pregnancy if mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends stem cells to repair the damaged organ.
6. The average woman’s uterus expands up to five hundred times its normal size during pregnancy.
7. Women who have a bigger butt with an arched back are able to carry the weight of pregnancy better, which is why men notice these traits.
8. If a man tests positive for pregnancy, it means they have cancer in their testis.
9. Twins interact with each other in the womb as early as 14 weeks into the pregnancy.
10. Ancient Greeks believed pregnancy could be prevented if a woman held her breath during intercourse and sneezed afterwards.
11. African elephants are the largest land mammals on the planet, and the females of this species undergo the longest pregnancy—22 month
12. Seahorses give their partners a hug every morning during pregnancy.
13. Women in ancient Egypt prevented pregnancy with plugs made of crocodile droppings.
14. If a man pees on a pregnancy test and it comes up positive, he may have testicular cancer.
15. All people start out as females until 60 days into pregnancy.
16. Mothers who are stressed during late pregnancy are more likely to have children with lower IQs.
17. A sympathetic pregnancy is when an expecting father starts gaining weight, getting morning sickness and feels cramps in his lower abdomen.
18. No other animal has a longer pregnancy term than that of the elephant which is documented at an average of 22 months
19. 1 in every 200 young American women claims to have experienced a "virgin pregnancy."
20. A man who tests positive on a pregnancy test could indicate he has testicular cancer.
21. The bitterling fish used to be used as pregnancy tests!
22. During pregnancy, if the mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends their own stem cells to repair the damaged organ.
23. During pregnancy if the mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends stem cells to repair the damaged organ.