Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
21 Interesting potato facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random potato facts.
1. Dark circles?
Take a raw potato, wash it well and peel it off. Cut 2 slices of raw potato and place them under ur eyes.Relax for a few mins.
2. The “ice cream” you see in ice cream ads is actually mashed potatoes because they will not melt during production.
3. 16 years after the trail of tears ended, the Choctaw Indians donated 170 dollars to relief for The Irish Potato Famine.
4. The Incas measured their units of time by how long it took to cook a potato.
5. A potato has more chromosomes than a human being.
6. Humans can theoretically survive on a diet entirely composed of nothing but potatoes and butter.
7. A 61 Year Old Potato farmer won a 544 Ultramarathon because he continued to run whilst the other competitors slept.
8. Potatoes absorb and reflect radio wave signals much the same way as the human body does.
Mi papá tiene 47 años = my dad is 47 years old
Mi papa tiene 47 anos = my potato has 47 assholes
10. If you accidentally over salt a dish while its still cooking, drop in a peeled potato it absorbs the excess salt for an instant fix me up.
11. You can buy mashed potato from vending machines in Singapore for about 80 U.S. cents.
12. The air in potato chip bags serves a purpose. It is Nitrogen and preserves crispiness and provides cushion during shipping.
13. In 1952, Mr. Potato Head became the first toy to be advertised on television in the U.S.
14. Potato chips were invented after a chef lost his temper with a customer who kept asking for his potatoes to be more fried and thinner.
15. Belgians began frying up strips of potatoes in the 1600s in the Meuse Valley, creating the first french fries.
16. Gorillas and potatoes have two more chromosomes than people.
17. Potatoes were illegal in France between 1748 and 1772.
18. The Inca measurement of time was based on how long it took to boil a potato.
19. An apple, potato, and onion all taste the same if you eat them with your nose plugged.
20. A pound of potato chips costs 200 times more than a pound of potatoes.
21. In 2003, the U.S. Government spent about $2, 000, 000.00 on potato research.