1. Every night after closing, Disneyland releases 200 cats into the park to help keep the rodent population under control.
2. 12% of the British population is left handed
3. Before color TV was invented, a vast majority of the population used to dream in black and white.
4. Climate change related extreme events, plus population growth, could increase hunger by up to 20% by 2050.
5. If the whole world lived like Americans, we would need 5 Earths just to sustain the population.
6. Liechtenstein has an incarceration rate of 19 per 100, 000—with its population of just 37, 000, there are approximately 7 people in prison.
7. Only 6.7% of the global population has a college degree.
8. 51 countries have joint international control over Antarctica, since there is no permanent human population.
9. Photic Sneeze Reflex or "Sun Sneezing" is a condition affecting a quarter of the population and makes them sneeze after looking into light.
10. About 2% of the population are considered “sleepless elite” which means they are night owls and early birds simultaneously.
11. A 2010 poll of 18 countries in sub Saharan Africa found that over half of the population believes in magic.
12. More than 4 billion LEGO people have been made – making them the world’s largest population group.
13. McDonald’s serves 1% of the world’s population every day.
14. It is estimated that around 20 percent of the population consistently mix up their left and right.
15. 49 percent of the population of Uganda is below the age of 15.
16. Nigeria is estimated to exceed the U.S. in population by 2050, despite being one tenth the size of America.
17. Despite having a population of 310 million, 47% of the U.S. remains unoccupied.
18. A man spent 3 years creating "the perfect city" on Sim City The city had the maximum population of 6 million, no crime and no pollution.
19. Bats account for one quarter of the mammal population in the world.
20. There is a positive correlation between the number of Wal Mart’s servicing a population and obesity rates within that population.
21. In 1968, the world population was 3, 557, 000, 000. Today, the world population is 7, 300, 000, 000 and grows by over 220, 000 daily.
22. The population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.
23. With a natural decrease in population of .8% annually, between now and 2050 Ukraine is expected to lose around 30% of its people.
24. The U.S imprisons a much larger percentage of its black population than South Africa did at the height of apartheid.
25. Red hair is the rarest human hair color. Only 1 to 2 percent of the population are red heads.
26. It is projected that by 2060, only 44% of the U.S. population will be white, making minorities the majority.
27. If the population of China began walking past you in a single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction
28. China has 350 million smokers — meaning the Chinese smoking population is higher than the entire population of the United States.
29. Veterinarians commit suicide at a rate twice that of the average population.
30. Genghis Kahn killed 11% of the worlds population.
31. India’s population is expected to increase by 400 million by 2050 which will equal to the populations of the U.S. and China combined.
32. The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 countries that are our similar in wealth and population.
33. France has a small population of wild Kangaroos.
34. 30% of the general population gets their news from Facebook.
35. Frequent flyers have a higher risk of developing melanoma compared to the general population.
36. Places that are more prone to natural disasters are more likely to develop a religious population.
37. Cane toads were introduced to Australia to control insects, but w/o a natural predator, their population exploded
38. Hypnic jerk is the falling sensation that awakens you suddenly just as you begin to sleep and is experienced by 70% of the human population.
39. Hypnic jerk is the falling sensation that suddenly wakes you up, and is experienced by 80% of the human population.
40. At any given time, 0.7% of the world population is drunk – Meaning at least 50 million people are drunk right now.
41. The Japanese population is so old that more adult diapers are sold each year than baby diapers.
42. Australia attempted to control the feral rabbit population with a virus in 1950 it killed 500 million rabbits in 2 years.
43. Candy Crush has more active monthly players than the entire population of Canada.
44. If we could shrink the earths population to a village of 100 people, the ratio would be: 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 Americans & 8 Africans
45. An estimated two thirds of the current population of polar bears will disappear by 2050 due to global warming, according to researchers.
46. If Manhattan had the same population density as Alaska, there would only be about 28 people in Manhattan.
47. California (population 37, 000, 000) has only 58 more bars than Wisconsin (population 5, 600, 000)
48. According to some researchers, established writers and artists are 18 times more likely to commit suicide than the general population.
49. For a million years, the human population of the Earth was less than 26, 000.
50. 20% of the population has cheek dimples.
51. the population in the US is about 60% female, so a lot of you females are going to die alone. keep that in mind next time you curve our dm
52. The total combined weight of the worlds ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population.
53. About 2% of the population are considered "sleepless elite" which means they are night owls and early birds simultaneously.
54. The population of Germany is in decline; it has fallen by 2 million in the last decade.
55. Roughly 6% of the world’s population has an internet addiction.
56. There are about 6, 900 languages in existence but more than half the world's population uses only 20 of them.
57. More than half of the world's population is under 25 and more than half of it is bilingual.
58. London, with a population of over 8, 000, 000, is not a city, though the City of London, with a population of about 7, 000, is.
59. The world's population spends 500, 000 hours a day typing Internet security codes.
60. The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia.
61. About twenty five percent of the population sneeze when they are exposed to light.
62. Next to Warsaw, Chicago has the largest Polish population in the world.
63. Approximately one third of the population can't snap their fingers.
64. If Manhattan had the same population density as Alaska, there would only be 15 people living there.
65. If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
66. It is estimated that at any one time, 0.7% of the world's population are drunk.
67. One percent of Greenland's population lives in a single apartment building.
68. The population of the Earth has more than doubled since 1950.