1. Playing video games increases creativity, enables more detailed sight, improves concentration and makes people happier.
2. A child only displaying redeye in one eye in a photograph, should be immediately checked for retinoblastoma, a cancer of the retina
3. Try this! Put a finger in your ear and scratch, the sound produced is exactly the same as you are playing Pacman.
4. Playing pop music instead of elevator music may make callers on hold less angry when someone finally answers, according to a study.
5. There was a cable network called The Puppy Channel. All it did for three years was broadcast footage of puppies playing.
6. People are more likely to focus and pay attention when soft music is playing in the background.
7. South Korea bans children aged under 16 from playing online games between midnight and 6AM under a so called "Cinderella Law."
8. Rick Moranis was fired from the set of The Breakfast Club after he kept playing the janitor as a goofy Russian character.
9. A 29 year old California man tore a tendon in his thumb after playing "Candy Crush Saga" on his smartphone all day for 6 8 weeks.
10. There have been two known fatalities of people suffocating on marshmallows while playing Chubby Bunny.
11. Playing a musical instrument can increase your IQ.
12. When playing an American character, Christian Bale will give all his interviews in an American accent in order to not confuse the audience.
13. Research has found that playing Tetris eases the effects of post traumatic stress disorder.
14. A survey found one in five women have ended a relationship because their significant other was too busy playing video games.
15. Left handed people process things faster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
16. Lady Gaga has been playing piano by ear since the age of 4.
17. The 52 playing cards in a typical deck represent the 52 weeks in a year and the four suits represent the four seasons.
18. Psychologically, that song you keep playing is nothing but a photograph you look at with your ears.
19. Need a quick mental boost? Playing Tetris can increase brainpower by almost 150%.
20. Crows are pranksters — they have been observed actually playing tricks on each other.
21. Playing Tetris for 30 minutes each day can make you smarter.
22. After a hockey game fight, there is a 76 percent chance of at least one team playing better within the next three minutes.
23. Playing slow music in a restaurant makes customers buy up to 40% more food than they normally would.
24. The average American spends a third of their overall time online playing games and using social networks.
25. The founder of FedEx, Fred Smith once saved the company by taking $5, 000 to Las Vegas and turning it into $32, 000 by playing Black Jack.
26. In 2009, scientists announced a skin disorder they called “PlayStation palmar hidradenitis” caused by too much video game playing.
27. Michael Jordan, retired from basketball since 2003, made more money in 2013 than his NBA salary for any year during his playing career.
28. Broke my back in three places when I was 13 by playing the sport I love and 4 years later, I just committed to a Big 10 college. DGS
29. A Taiwanese man collapsed and died from playing Diablo III for 40 straight hours.
30. 78% of NFL players go bankrupt or end up facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers.
31. Playing in swimming pools on a hot day can cause asthma and bladder cancer.
32. Left handed people are banned from playing polo.
33. Playing video games can reduce your nightmares, because gamers "resolve threats" during game play instead of in their dreams.
34. Reading, writing and playing games can help prevent memory loss later in life.
35. On the real Titanic, the band really did stay on the ship, playing music as it went down. They all died.
36. On the real Titanic, the band actually did stay on the ship, playing music as it went down They all died.
37. The Wild Thornberries is playing on Nick right now. Excuse us...
38. Playing Tetris reduces the strength, frequency and vividness of naturally occurring cravings.
39. Tip: Putting your phone in airplane mode will stop ads while playing games.
40. There have been 47 Charlie Chan Movies, with six actors playing the part. None were Chinese.
41. An airplane mechanic invented Slinky while he was playing with engine parts and realized the possible secondary use for the springs.
42. According to scientific studies, a rat's performance in a maze can be improved by playing music written by Mozart.
43. Originally, Nintendo was a playing card manufacturer.
44. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card.