1. New York is area code 212 and LA is 213 and Chicago 312 because the largest cities got the quickÂest numÂbers to dial on a rotary phone.
2. How to play the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean on your phone: 3566 6788 8977 6556 3566 6788 8977 656
3. Accidentally text the wrong person? Immediately put your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message.
4. The average person spends about 2 years on the phone in a lifetime.
5. Research has found that overexposure to online devices, such as iPads and smartphones, can lead to attention deficit disorders.
6. Darth Vader’s breathing was recorded by putting a microphone inside a regulator on a scuba tank.
7. One in four people can compose a text message without looking at their cellphone
8. Mobile Phone Throwing is an official sport in Finland.
9. Studies show people are most truthful in face to face conversations and lie the most over the phone.
10. More than one third of American babies are tapping on smartphones and tablets even before they learn to walk or talk, according to a study.
11. There was a study done that showed that mobile phone use before bed adversely affects your sleep.
12. South Koreans have released an iPhone app that gives lonesome cell phone owners regular messages from a digital girlfriend named Mina.
13. The first mobile phones cost $3, 300 USD each and had a battery life of about 20 minutes.
14. Yusic is the best app invented for the iPhone 🏻🏻
15. People pace while talking on the phone because they don’t have any visual feedback to keep them stimulated, so the body reacts by moving.
16. 90% of people 18 to 29 years old sleep with their phones in or right next to their bed.
17. People ages 18 29 are the most likely to use their phones to avoid being bored or avoid others around them, according to a survey.
18. In an ongoing study, the sound of someone vomiting was ranked the #1 most cringe worthy sound ever. Microphone feedback was ranked #2.
19. The drug cartels are capturing technicians and making them build a private cell phone network.
20. Yusic is the greatest music app to hit IPhone yet.
21. A 29 year old California man tore a tendon in his thumb after playing "Candy Crush Saga" on his smartphone all day for 6 8 weeks.
22. Researchers have built a device that puts your legs on cruise control so you can look at your smartphone without bumping into things.
23. Shia LaBeouf found an agent through the phone book at the age of 11.
24. If you were to have purchased an iPhone piece by piece in 1991, it would have cost you a total of $3.56 million.
25. 10% of Americans own a smartphone but do not have broadband internet at home, according to research.
26. There is an iPhone film festival dedicated to movies made on iPhones.
27. Google will now let you use a USB security key to verify yourself instead of having a code sent to your phone.
28. The average person in the States looks at their phone 250 times a day.
29. 68% of people in one study experienced "phantom vibration syndrome"—a sensory hallucination where you mistakenly think your phone is buzzing
30. A woman in France received a cell phone bill for $15 quadrillion ($15, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000).
31. Digit smash makes me want to throw my phone against a wall
32. A 17 year old teenager started "Craigslist Swapping" with an old cell phone and in just 14 swaps he managed to get a Porsche Boxster 2000.
33. The Cobra iPhone Radar Detector allows a driver to speed while looking at their iPhone, therefore breaking several laws at once.
34. Before creating the iPhone, Apple considered making a car.
35. When news broke of Zayn Malik leaving One Direction, 220 people in the UK phoned the Employer Advice Service requesting compassionate leave.
36. A study found that drivers under 25 years old are 4.12 times more likely to use a cell phone than older drivers.
37. According to a study, female drivers are 1.63 times more likely to use a cell phone while driving than male motorists.
38. Daydreaming is the most common cause of driving accidents due to distraction, not people using their cellphones.
39. Suspect someone’s giving you the wrong phone number? Read it back to them incorrectly If they correct you, it’s the real number.
40. iPhone pictures will be better quality if you take the picture and then zoom in instead of zooming in to take the picture.
41. If you?re not getting service for your phone, try turning it on airplane mode and then switch it back. It should find signal then!
42. iPhones are designed to last just a few years, then they break down and work slower.
43. 4.8 billion people own mobile phones whereas only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
44. When picking a stranger to take a picture of you, make it someone you believe you can outrun. This will avoid a stolen camera/phone.
45. Tip: Putting your phone on airplane mode will help it charge faster.
46. The average mobile phone contains more bacteria than a toilet seat.
47. Parking your car somewhere unfamiliar? Drop a pin on your phones maps as soon as you get there and you’ll have no problem getting back.
48. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
49. Smile before answering the phone. It will make you sound happier and improve quality of conversation.
50. An iPhone app (BAC Alcohol Calculator) can tell you exactly how drunk you are after entering your weight and type of beverage.
51. A company called Neurowear is developing headphones that read your brainwaves and select music based on your state of mind.
52. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
53. When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
54. Scientists have created a solar powered bikini to charge your phone at the beach.
55. When letting someone use your iPhone to call someone, use Siri from the lock screen. They can call, but not look at texts/photos etc.
56. how to fail all your classes: download high and dry on your phone
57. At any given second, the space bar on a computer or phone keyboard is being pressed 6 million times.
58. Avoiding use of cell phone and or internet 20 minutes before going to bed can help you fall asleep easier.
59. If your phone freezes, plug it into a charger. This will free it up again.
60. About 68% of people experience "phantom vibration syndrome" where you mistakenly think your phone is buzzing in your pocket.
61. The electronic personal assistant that comes with Windows phones is named Cortana, after the AI character in Halo.
62. It used to take a year to sell 10 million iPhones. Apple just did it with the iPhone 6 in a weekend.
63. Place headphones in your nose and play music, your mouth will turn into a speaker.
64. Want to make sure you wake up in the morning? The Snooze App for iphone will donate to charity each time you hit the snooze button!
65. 88% of people say they use their cellphones simply to avoid others walking by them.
66. If you dial 3 3 2 3 9 3 on a touchtone phone you get the theme from Power Rangers.
67. someoneelsie the result of your mum trying to take a selfie and not knowing which way to hold the phone.
68. The generation that invented the internet, the smartphone, and the iPad all played outside as children.
69. In the Chinese city of Chongqing, cell phone addicts have their own sidewalk lane.
70. 91% of adults keep their smartphones within arm’s reach every second of every day.
71. Many people who received their pre ordered iPhone 6 Plus sold it on eBay for as high as $6, 000.
72. iPhones are designed to last only a few years, then they break down and work slower.
73. In a lifetime, the average person spends eighteen months on the telephone
74. People who hold their cell phones in their right hand are left brain dominant, and vice versa.
75. Hang out with people who make you forget to look at your phone.
76. More electrical impulses are generated in one day by a single human brain cell than by all the telephones in the world.
77. In 2007, an American man named Corey Taylor tried to fake his own death in order to get out of his cell phone contract without paying a fee.
78. When the iPhone was in development it was code named "Project Purple."
79. Nikola Tesla developed the idea for smartphone technology in 1901.
80. In 2014, a Utah teacher was fired for writing an educational blog post about homophones — the school said he was promoting the "gay agenda."
81. 70% of people would give up alcohol and 63% would give up chocolate before they would give up their cell phones.
82. More people have mobile subscriptions (mobile phone access) than have access to safe drinking water and electricity in the world.
83. The inventor of the speaker phone, call forwarding and conference calling, died penniless and mostly unknown.
84. More Nintendo DS units have been sold than iPhones.
85. A study found that cell phone radiation can cause insomnia, headaches and confusion.
86. 1 in 10 people have dropped their phone down a toilet.
87. Female college students spend an average of 10 hours a day on their cellphones.
88. If you put glow in the dark paint on your phone charger, you will never fumble in the dark again.
89. iPhone 4 ran into trouble after it reported disconnected calls when holding their phones in a certain way. This became known as Antennagate
90. 70% of people feel incomplete & vulnerable while without their cell phone.
91. There was an Atari 2600 cartridge that allowed gamers to download games via telephone line
92. Will Smith speaks to Justin Bieber on the phone every week about any problems he is having.
93. The average person unlocks his or her smartphone 110 times each day.
94. Dr. Dre has made more money selling headphones than he did making music.
95. An iPhone 6 will charge faster when plugged into an iPad charger.
96. Engineers have made bionic hands controllable by an iPhone app.
97. Taking a short break on a smartphone increases work productivity.
98. A bit of toothpaste can successfully fix a scratched cell phone screen.
99. According to one study, long term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours.
100. Alexander Graham Bell refused to have a phone in his study because the ringing drove him nuts.