1. Baboons have been known to kidnap puppies and raise them as pets.
2. The 2 most effective treatments for battling depression are exercise and spending more time with pets.
3. On this day in 1703, St Petersburg was founded by Russian Tsar Peter the Great.
4. People who connect through their pets are more likely to look out for each other in times of adversity, according to research.
5. "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked" is one of the hardest tongue twister in English
6. You can own a skunk as a pet.
7. Peter III, ruler of Russia, hanged a large rat in public because it had eaten his toy soldiers, he was age 25.
8. Petting a cat can help lower blood pressure, not just for humans, but for the cat also.
9. According to a recent study, men who have an older sister are less likely to be competitive.
10. Rose petals are edible they can be used to make milkshakes, cake, cookies, salads and jams.
11. Pets can now get cosmetic testicle implants called Neuticles so that they can avoid the self esteem and trauma from castration.
12. "Semantic satiation" occurs when a word loses its meaning and looks or sounds like gibberish because of constant repetition.
13. In 1927 several million people in the United States sent over 100, 000 petitions urging Congress to adopt the metric system.
14. Marvel once published a comic about “Your friendly neighborhood Spider Ham” in 1983. He was a “Spider Pig” named Peter Porker.
15. Ketchup and catsup are the same thing—Heinz called his product ketchup to help it stand out from his competitors who were peddling catsup.
16. In New York, there is a new regulation that makes it legal for pet owners to be buried with their deceased animals in pet cemeteries.
17. A Gorilla named Koko was taught sign language, lied to trainers by blaming the pet kitten after tearing down a metal sink out of the wall.
18. Children start to compete with each other by the time they are ten.
19. Research has shown that politicians whose facial structure is deemed to look more competent are more likely to win elections.
20. A 61 Year Old Potato farmer won a 544 Ultramarathon because he continued to run whilst the other competitors slept.
21. Kids today don’t know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
22. A female Gorilla named Koko was taught sign language, once she requested a pet cat as present on her birthday.
23. Hugh Hefner has a zoo license. Among his many pets are peacocks and spider monkeys.
24. Psychology states that temperature can affect appetite. A person in a colder room is likely to eat more.
25. Angelina Jolie had a female pet rat named “Harry.” She reportedly sometimes took baths with it.
26. The Muppet Show was banned from TV in Saudi Arabia because one of its stars was Miss Piggy
27. Athletes in ancient games competed in the nude. In fact, "gymnasium" comes from the Greek word "gymnós, " which means naked.
28. Zac Efron accidentally dropped a condom on the red carpet at the premiere of "The Lorax."
29. 86% of surveyed dog owners report that they use a pet as their screensaver more than anything else in their life.
30. In Nevada, a bill has been introduced that will allow pet owners to give their dogs marijuana to alleviate illnesses.
31. People who climb the ladder of social status through competitive, aggressive behavior have an increased risk of a shorter life.
32. Cuddling with pets causes the release of the feel good hormones like oxytocin and dopamine, and releases the same hormones in the pets.
33. A day on the Moon is so slow that you could outrun the sun in a car and stay in perpetual sunlight.
34. Reducing the voting age to 18 and passports for pets were all policies initiated by the "Official Monster Raving Loony Party".
35. Facebook changed their "feeling fat" emoji" to "feeling stuffed" after body image activists protested with a petition.
36. Kindness and competence are universally sought after personality traits in all cultures and contexts.
37. Marijuana is illegal today is because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers they saw them as competitors.
38. Americans spend more than $5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
39. In the state of Colorado a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail light.
40. PETA tries to dissuade people from eating eggs by referring to them as "chicken periods."
41. You can buy a pet fox for about $9, 000.
42. Pupaphobia is the fear of puppets.
43. There are 192 million pet fish in America
44. Tricking someone into viewing obscene material online is a crime that could land the perpetrator 10 years in prison.
45. From 2009 to 2013 the US government has spent $1.1 million on puppets.
46. Alcohol is considered a performance enhancing drug in gun competitions.
47. In 2013, Paris Hilton had 35 pets.
48. For the premier of Pinocchio, Disney hired 11 little people to dress like puppets and wave to kids They got drunk and ran around naked.
49. Some tarantulas are known for keeping small frogs as pets — the frogs eat insects that prey upon tarantula eggs.
50. The cereal ‘Cookie Crisp’ was created by Purina, the pet food company.
51. Perrier water and its competitor San Pellegrino are both owned by the Nestle corporation.
52. Over 4 million cars in Brazil are now running on gasohol instead of petrol. Gasohol is a fuel made from sugar cane.
53. Watching good television increases your appetite.
54. Male West Indian iguanas have head butting competitions to fight over females.
55. Gary Dahl, of Los Gatos, California, sold over a million "Pet Rocks" in 1975 and thus became a millionaire.
56. Avocados are poisonous to birds, cats, dogs, rabbits, and basically ALL pets.
57. The happiest pet owners are those that have fish, according to research.
58. ISIS used to be a part of Al Qaida, but now they compete with them.
59. Semantic Satiation is a phenomenon when a word loses its meaning temporarily because of constant repetition.
60. During the Mohammed Cartoon controversy in 2005, Iran threatened to start an International Holocaust Cartoon competition.
61. A child growing up in the U.S. is more likely to have a pet than a live at home father.
62. Wilson’s storm petrels are birds that breed in Antarctica who migrate all the way to North America in the summer.
63. Puck, a parrot owned by Camille Jordan of Petaluma, CA had a vocabulary of 1728 words when it died in 1994
64. Humans don’t understand competitive behavior until around the age of four.
65. The Beatles stopped touring because their music could not be amplified loud enough to compete with screaming crowd noise.
66. Cats tend to clean themselves after you pet them because they hate the human smell.
67. The slow loris is becoming endangered; poachers capture them and sell them as pets illegally. Thanks for the tip
68. If a pet owner dies in their house, a dog will wait several days to eat the corpse – A cat will only wait two days.
69. 67% of dog owners buy holiday gifts for their pets
70. Color additives such as "Red 40" and "Yellow 5" are artificially created from coal tar and petroleum.
71. The Savannah is a cross between a serval and a domestic house cat – You can own one as a pet in certain states.
72. 45% of cat owners buy a holiday gift for their pet
73. The slow loris is the world’s only poisonous primate! Illegal pet traders pull out their teeth before they sell them.
74. The Beatles stopped touring because their music could not be amplified loud enough to compete with screaming crowd noise
75. why is peter pan always flying?
I like this joke because it never grows old.
76. Every year, $1.5 billion is spent on pet food. This is four times the amount spent on baby food.
77. Time anxiety occurs in a person when they are perpetually afraid of being late, or of others being late.
78. When we pet our pets, oxytocin is released in our brains, making us feel happier.
79. Owning a pet improves quality of life, enhances happiness and adds years to your lifespan.
80. Salvador Dali had a pet Ocelot, named Babou.
81. You can buy glow in the dark pet cats in South Korea.
82. The scent that lingers after a nice rain is called "petrichor."
83. Michael Jackson had a pet boa constrictor named "Muscles."
84. 98% of British homes have carpeted floors. In Italy, only 2% do.
85. The Louvre is the third biggest museum in the world after the Metropolitan Museum of Art of New York and the Hermitage in St Petersburg.
86. Nylon is made from coal and petroleum.
87. A Russian man who wore a beard during the time of Peter the Great had to pay a special tax.
88. All the pet hamsters in the world are descended from a single wild golden Hamster found in Syria in 1930.
89. Americans spend more than 5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
90. Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year.
91. It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland.
92. Nearly 10% of American households dress their pets in Halloween costumes.
93. Neither the saxophone, the tuba, the coronet, nor the valve trumpet existed before 1800.
94. One barrel of petroleum holds 42 gallons.
95. The ancient Egyptians bought jewelry for their pet crocodiles.
96. The Muppet Show was banned from Saudi Arabian TV becuase one if its stars was a pig.
97. The Muppet Show was banned from Saudi Arabian TV becuase one if its stars was a pig.