1. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
2. More than 90 percent of people are no longer friends with someone that they once called their best friend.
3. Not New York, but Alaska, has the largest percentage of people who walk to their jobs.
4. Since the beginning of recorded history, the world has been at peace for a total of 268 years, only 8 percent.
5. Reports have shown that only 35 percent of Kenya’s public school teachers showed “mastery of the curriculum they teach.”
6. The current obesity epidemic in the U.S. is linked to 18 percent of all deaths for those ages 40 85.
7. Portland has a higher percentage of literate people than any other major city in America.
8. More married people 46 percent eat breakfast regularly during the week, compared to just 41 percent of singles.
9. Studies show that body weight is about 80 percent attributable to the genes one inherits.
10. 47 percent of Baby Boomers rise before 6 a.m., while only 19 percent of Millennials get up between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m.
11. Between 60 percent and 80 percent of North American college students have had some sort of hook up experience.
12. 89 percent strippers were raised in a religious home and 91 percent are still close with their parents.
13. San Francisco is the city with the highest percentage of millionaires
14. Six percent of Americans don’t know how to ride a bike.
15. There are currently an estimated 2 million saunas in Finland and 99 percent of Finns take a sauna at least once a week.
16. Only about .003 percent of the water on Earth can be used by humans.
17. Up to 70 percent of the children in the juvenile justice system have a disability like bipolar disorder or dyslexia.
18. Dolphins that are tagged by scientists swim 11 percent slower because of the drag from the object on their bodies.
19. Less than one percent of murders in any given year are committed by serial killers.
20. 41 percent of men admit to hiding purchases from their partners, compared with only 22 percent of women.
21. When women direct films, there are 6.8 percent more women in them.
22. 97 percent of dieters regain the weight they lost and then some within three years.
23. Only 16 percent of people who eat to reduce stress report that it actually helps them.
24. Only 6 percent of kids in the 10th grade and only 3 percent in the 12th grade get the recommended amount of sleep.
25. On online dating sites, women who don’t drink receive 24 percent fewer messages than women who do.
26. Studies show that people are more swayed by things that look "sciencey, " like graphs and percentages.
27. An estimated 20 percent of Tweets are explicitly threatening to women.
28. Only 6 percent of doctors today are happy with their jobs.
29. Studies estimate that today’s doctors spend just 12 to 17 percent of their day with patients.
30. The highest percentage per capita of “How do I know if my husband is gay?” web searches come from conservative parts of the U.S.
31. In the U.S., West Virginia has the highest percentage of people who use drugs to relax (28%), while Alaska has the lowest percentage (13%).
32. It is estimated that around 20 percent of the population consistently mix up their left and right.
33. 49 percent of the population of Uganda is below the age of 15.
34. Ninety percent of tech employees are men and eight nine percent of startup leadership teams are all male.
35. Black widow venom is only lethal in 5 percent of cases when the victim receives no antivenom.
36. Singapore has the world’s highest percentage of millionaires. One out of every six households has at least $1, 000, 000 US dollars.
37. Jellyfish are about 98 percent water, if you leave them in sun they will evaporate.
38. One Alcoholic drink a day can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes by up to 30 percent
39. A mere 20 minutes of exercise, three days each week will increase your happiness by 10 to 20 percent after six months.
40. Almost 50 percent of the entire edible food items manufactured are never consumed.
41. Only 10 percent of your happiness comes from external circumstances.
42. The U.S imprisons a much larger percentage of its black population than South Africa did at the height of apartheid.
43. Red hair is the rarest human hair color. Only 1 to 2 percent of the population are red heads.
44. 92 percent of U.S. House and Senate members are Christian.
45. When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
46. Each can of Coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar. This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake.
47. Giraffes spend about 80 percent of their day eating.
48. A survey found that 64 percent of single men feel they are more productive at work when they are in a relationship.
49. Forty percent of twins invent their own languages which are called autonomous languages.
50. An estimated 41 percent of transgender people have attempted suicide at some point in their lives.
51. From 1978 to 2013, CEO compensation in the US, inflation adjusted, increased 937 percent, and the typical worker’s wages rose 10 percent.
52. 77 percent of Americans are unaware that "the Internet" and "the World Wide Web" are not the same thing.
53. 73 percent of Americans believe that Jesus was born to a virgin.
54. Dogs can sniff out prostate cancer with 98 percent accuracy.
55. 22 percent of Disney villains are over the age of 55.
56. 20 percent of married people keep secrets from their spouse — some for over 25 years.
57. In the US, black people account for 42 percent of people killed by police who were not attacking when killed.
58. According to one study, 27 percent of people look at every poop they take.
59. 51 percent of Americans think bad weather affects cloud computing.
60. After a hockey game fight, there is a 76 percent chance of at least one team playing better within the next three minutes.
61. An online dating survey revealed that those who use “LMFAO” have a 193 percent increase in reply rate.
62. Babies that are fed solid food before four months are 40 percent more likely to become obese, according to research.
63. A survey revealed that 93 percent of people prefer someone who’s bad in the kitchen to someone who’s bad in the bed.
64. 66 percent of single people are turned off by picky eaters, according to a survey.
65. Professional porn actors are actually 80 percent less likely to have an STD than members of the public of the same age.
66. According to one study, fifty percent of men say a girl asking them out is a turn on.
67. 20 percent of U.S. soldiers in Vietnam had become addicted to heroin during the Vietnam War.
68. The happier you are, the more antibodies your body generates – up to 50 percent more!
69. 95 percent of all the stars that this universe will ever see have already been born.
70. 82 percent of women are more attracted to men who like animals.
71. People who suffer from depression have an 11 percent decrease in the probability of getting married, according to a study.
72. Thirty five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
73. A study showed that swimming when compared to running, walking or being sedentary, cut death risk for men by 50 percent.
74. 10 percent of the world’s 3.5 trillion photos have been taken in the last year.
75. Your outlook on life & what you choose to do with your life accounts for 40 percent of your happiness levels.
76. Women own about 40 percent of all businesses in the U. S.
77. 29 percent of Americans believes in astrology.
78. About forty percent of females report having wet dreams.
79. The US spends more on healthcare as percentage of GDP than any other country in the world.
80. In Finland, speeding fines are calculated as a percentage of the offender’s income.
81. About 15 to 25 percent of all Americans are supertasters, people who have more taste buds than the rest of us.
82. 46 percent of US Republicans said there is not solid evidence of global warming, compared with 11 percent of US Democrats.
83. The koala does not need to drink liquids; it can obtain all of its liquids from eucalyptus leaves which are 50 percent water.
84. Only 3 percent of lost or stolen laptops are recovered by their owners.
85. 41 percent of Americans did not use any vacation days in 2014.
86. In 2010, 15 percent of new marriages in the U.S. were between spouses of different races.
87. For each extra hour someone spends sitting daily, their overall risk of dying increases by 11 percent.
88. Men who drink six or more cups of coffee daily are about 60 percent less likely to die from prostate cancer.
89. A 2007 study found that women who tried to quit thinking about chocolate ended up eating 50 percent more.
90. It is the female lion who does more than 90 percent of the hunting, while the male is afraid to risk his life, or simply prefers to rest.
91. Did you know that, when an intoxicated person is talking about 70 percent of whatever he/she says is true!
92. Only 60 percent of men claim to have masturbated in the previous year.
93. 83 percent of prostitutes have Facebook accounts.
94. Approximately 50 percent of all orangutans have fractured bones, a result of falling off of trees on a regular basis.
95. 26 percent of retweets are incited by a request to retweet.
96. 69 percent of follows on Twitter are suggested by friends.
97. When trying to look for percentages (ex 40% of 300) drop the 1st digit of the number and multiply by the 10s digit of the % (4 x 30 = 120)
98. 30 percent of all data transferred across the Internet is porn.
99. Dogs in the top 20 percent of canine intelligence can learn at least 250 words and signals.
100. 82 percent of women agree that they are more attracted to men who like animals.