Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
20 Interesting peanut facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random peanut facts.
1. Just eight foods account for 90% of all food allergies—tree nuts, eggs, soy, peanuts, fish, shellfish, milk, and wheat.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite
3. Under extreme high pressure, diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
4. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
5. The eight most popular foods to cause food allergies are: milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
6. Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
7. FDA laws allow for an average of 30 insect fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter.
8. If a pregnant mom eats peanuts, her baby will be less likely to have a peanut allergy.
9. Scientists have created a "Peanut Butter Jellyfish" by feeding jellyfish saltwater mixed with peanut butter.
10. Rubbing peanut butter on a stubbed toe acts as a painkiller, due to the oil in the peanuts.
11. Elephants don’t like peanuts. They don’t eat them in the wild, and zoos don’t feed them to their captive elephants.
12. The peanut is a vegetable and a member of the pea family
13. There are 1, 218 peanuts in a single 28oz jar of Jif peanut butter.
14. Peanut butter was originally invented as a source of protein for people without teeth.
15. 15 million Snicker bars are made daily, which amounts to about 99 tons of peanuts.
16. With high enough pressure, peanut butter can be turned into diamonds.
17. A peanut is not a nut. It is a legume.
18. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
19. Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
20. The average child will eat 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the he/she graduates from high school.