Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
17 Interesting peace facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random peace facts.
1. Iceland has no army and is also recognized as the worlds most peaceful country.
2. Violence has steadily declined over the course of human history, and we are currently in the midst of the most peaceful era yet.
3. Since the beginning of recorded history, the world has been at peace for a total of 268 years, only 8 percent.
4. Euneirophrenia A peaceful state of mind following a pleasant dream.
5. Adolf Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939.
6. Teenage activist, Malala Yousafzai, was named the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner ever at 17 years old.
7. Russia and Japan are still technically at war because both countries still haven’t signed a peace treaty to end World War II.
8. The Outer Space Treaty states that the moon can be used for peaceful purposes by all nations and weapons of mass destruction are prohibited.
9. In the last 3, 500 years, there have been only been about 230 years of peace throughout the civilized world.
10. Alfred Nobel, creator of the Nobel Peace Prize, invented dynamite and other deadly weapons.
11. One of the 3 Lethal Injection drugs paralyzes the prisoner. This makes their death look peaceful to onlookers, but can hide suffering.
12. Cuddling literally puts a woman in a peaceful state of mind, reduces stress
13. Spending at least 60 minutes in conversation with someone you care about an hour before bed can help you sleep peacefully.
14. Summer camps in the middle east for youth encourage peace.
15. If the entire world smoked a joint of Marijuana, there would be peace for 3 hours on the entire planet.
16. Forgive others. Not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
17. The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts 3 naked men with their hands on each others shoulders.