1. There are more than 1500 newspapers, 1100 magazines, 9000 radio stations, 1500 TV stations, 2400 publishers, owned by only 3 corporations.
2. There is a Japanese urban legend about a spirit who haunts public bathrooms and will ask you if you want red or blue toilet paper.
3. Plastic bags are better for the environment than paper bags. The manufacturing process for paper bags takes more energy.
4. There is a small scroll of newspaper at the base of cocktail umbrellas that can be unrolled and read like a fortune cookie.
5. In Japan, they use more paper for comics than for toilet paper.
6. When writing an essay, increasing the size of periods from 12 to 14 can turn a 3 page paper into a 4 page one.
7. The least used category of emoji are the “reading materials”—the book, the pile of books, the newspapers.
8. A hummingbird egg weighs as much as a paper clip.
9. Plastic bags = More environment friendly than paper bags. The manufacturing process for paper bags takes more energy.
10. Americans buy 11 billion paper clips a year, which is about 35 clips for every person in the country.
11. There is a free website called "essaytyper" that lets you type a topic and it will write the paper for you in minutes.
12. Today is International DNA Day. Scientific papers documenting the discovery of DNA were published on 4/25/1953. Happy DNA Day!
13. When writing an essay, if you increase the size of all periods from 12 to 14 you can sneakily turn a 3 page paper into a 4 page one.
14. When writing an essay, increase the size of periods from 12 to 14 can turn a 3 page paper into a 4 page one.
15. Walt Disney was fired from his job at a local newspaper in Missouri for 'not being creative enough.'
16. Justin Timberlake never writes down lyrics. He completed Justified without touching a pen or paper.
17. Why does toilet paper need a commercial? Who is not buying this?
18. Bubble wrap was originally designed to be used as wallpaper.
19. Approximately 10 million trees per year are used to make the world’s supply of toilet paper.
20. Keep a piece of paper and pencil by your bed. Everyone always gets their best ideas at night!
21. Papyrophobia is the fear of paper.
22. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper
23. Instead of celebrating April Fools, the French celebrate April Fish where they sneak up behind people and tape paper fish to their backs.
24. Seth MacFarlane was paid to draw weekly comics for his local newspaper when he was just 9 years old.
25. Money notes are not made from paper, they are made mostly from a special blend of cotton and linen.
26. A high GPA looks good on paper, but networking and building friendships is what gets you a job.
27. There is a free website called "essaytyper" that lets you type a topic and it will write the paper for you in minutes
28. Bubble wrap was first manufactured to be sold as wall paper.
29. Small animals such as flies and hummingbirds experience time in slow motion, which is why they can avoid your newspaper swats.
30. Paper due and low on Black Ink? Change font color to dark Tan. It looks almost indistinguishable to black.
31. In 2011 researchers let 100 paper planes go 23 miles above Germany. Some have since been found in Canada, USA, Australia and South Africa.
32. 95% of all data in the world is still stored on paper. Most of it is never looked at again.
33. The first advertising jingles were written down in newspapers: readers were expected to sing them themselves.
34. The Economist describes Rupert Murdoch as "inventing the modern tabloid", as he developed a pattern for his newspapers, increasing sports and scandal coverage and adopting eye catching headlines.
35. Before toilet paper was invented, French royalty wiped their bottoms with fine linen.
36. Paper money is not made from wood pulp but from cotton. This means that it will not disintegrate as fast if it is put in the laundry.
37. When Scott Paper Company first started manufacturing toilet paper they did not put their name on the product because of embarrassment.
38. When Scott Paper Company first started manufacturing toilet paper they did not put their name on the product because of embarrassment.
39. 97% of all paper money in the US contains traces of cocaine.
40. Approximately 40% of the U.S. paper currency in circulation was counterfeit by the end of the Civil War.
41. In a year approximately 900 million trees are cut down to make the raw materials needed for American pulp mills and paper.
42. In a year approximately 900 million trees are cut down to make the raw materials needed for American pulp mills and paper.
43. No matter its size or thickness, no piece of paper can be folded in half more than 8 times.
44. Rice paper does not have any rice in it.
45. The IRS processes more than 2 billion pieces of paper each year.