Published : 2014-12-24 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
22 Interesting paint facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random paint facts.
1. Norman Reedus, know for his role as "Daryl Dixon" in The Walking Dead, is a painter, photographer, sculptor and model.
2. Art restorers use saliva to clean oil paintings.
3. Taylor Swift is a talented painter.
4. Out of the 403 episodes of “The Joy of Painting” with Bob Ross, 91% of them contain at least one "happy tree."
5. If you put your fingers in ice water immediately after painting your nails the paint will dry instantly.
6. A gay rights activist bought a house across the street from the Westboro Baptist Church and painted it to look like a gay pride flag.
7. More Picasso paintings have been stolen than those of any other artist.
8. Banksy once installed a fake prehistoric cave painting in the British Museum — Days went by before anyone noticed it.
9. Each year Disneyland uses over 5, 000 gallons of paint to maintain the clean appearance of the park.
10. Bob Ross estimated that he has painted between 25, 000 and 30, 000 paintings in his lifetime.
11. It is believed that Vincent van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime.
12. If you put glow in the dark paint on your phone charger, you will never fumble in the dark again.
13. The Eiffel Tower is repainted every seven years
14. Looking at beautiful paintings can ease physical pain.
15. Ladies, if you put your fingers in ice water immediately after painting your nails the paint will dry instantly.
16. Pigeons can tell the difference between impressionist paintings by Monet and cubist works by Picasso. They can even tell when the Monets are hung upside down.
17. Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.
18. The name "Impressionist" was originally used as a derivative term by art critics after Claude Monet's painting "Impression, Sunrise" was displayed in an 1874 exhibition.
19. When young and impoverished, Pablo Picasso kept warm by burning his own paintings.
20. To sell your home faster, and for more money, paint it yellow.
21. Until 1990, the deadly poison mercury was used in about 30% of latex paints.
22. X rays of the Mona Lisa show that there are three completely different versions of the same subject, all painted by Leonardo Da Vinci, under the final portrait.