Published : (over 48 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
20 Amazing oxygen facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random oxygen facts.
1. The brain uses more than 25% of the oxygen used by the human body.
2. A fish can drown in water. Like humans, fish need oxygen, so if there isn’t enough oxygen in the water, they will suffocate.
3. Flames in space burn with a lower temperature, at a slower rate, and with less oxygen than in normal gravity.
4. Human cadavers that end up in the ocean will be picked clean by marine animals if there are high oxygen levels in the water.
5. Your brain uses between 20 25% of the oxygen your breathe
6. Your brain uses between 20 25% of the oxygen your breathe.
7. If you were pushed from a spaceship without a suit, you would not die from cold or pressure, like in movies, but simply lack of Oxygen.
8. Each person breathes 8.5 million times per year, while all of humanity inhales 6 trillion kilograms of oxygen every year.
9. 70% of the oxygen we breathe is produced by the ocean.
10. Tequila has the same percise proportion of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms necessary to create a diamond.
11. At high altitudes, your blood absorbs less oxygen which causes a lack of mental sharpness.
12. Steve Jobs refused to wear his oxygen mask while sick because he did not like the way it was designed.
13. The Climbing gourami is a fish that has the ability to climb out of water, breathe oxygen, and even walk for short distances.
14. Men have bigger noses than women because their bodies need more oxygen to feed their larger muscles, researchers say.
15. You can make your own water by mixing hydrogen and oxygen in a container and adding a spark.
16. Oxygen is toxic to living cells. When oxygen first appeared on Earth, it wiped out nearly 99% of all life.
17. Scientists have developed a microparticle filled with oxygen that can be injected into the bloodstream, so we can live without breathing.
18. What if oxygen is poisonous and it just takes 75 100 years to kill us?
19. Caffeine is made of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen: the same as cocaine, thalidomide, nylon, TNT and heroin.
20. The Amazon rainforest produces more than 20% the world's oxygen supply.